Sunday, November 18, 2012

If it had not been for the Lord...

Growing up in a world of prophets and warlocks has given me plenty for which to be thankful.  There were folks in our church who truly loved the Lord, and folks who truly didn't.  Their battles literally played out in my household; my mom was a prophet and the man she married... well, wasn't.  Redemptively speaking, that truth afforded me the most fertile ground for growth, strength, and wisdom in Christ I could have had then and, once again, I’m thankful.

Reflecting on all the Lord has redeemed in my life makes me extremely thankful, and the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday is the perfect reason for me to express it publicly.

Without going into further detail right now, I’ll simply say that Psalm 124 expresses my heart most fully regarding the plots and schemes of the enemy from which I have been delivered, and my unending gratitude toward Almighty God.

Psalm 124

If it had not been the LORD Who was on our side, now may Israel say -

If it had not been the LORD Who was on our side, when men rose up against us,
then they had swallowed us up quick, when their wrath was kindled against us;

Then the waters had overwhelmed us, the stream had gone over our soul;
then the proud waters had gone over our soul.

Blessed be the LORD, Who has not given us as a prey to their teeth.

Our soul is escaped as a bird out of the snare of the fowlers; the snare is broken, and we are escaped.

Our help is in the name of the LORD, Who made heaven and earth.

Everyone have a peaceful, joyous, and healthy Thanksgiving, and give thanks unto the Lord for He is good!

Smiling in Jesus,
Daddy's Girl




"... fervent in spirit, serving the Lord."
(Romans 12:11b)