Saturday, November 10, 2012

Why "Daddy's Girl"?

Hello, and WELCOME to my blog site, "Daddy's Girl"!

First off, as you've probably surmised, the reference to "Daddy" in the blog title has nothing to do with my earthly, biological father.  However, it happily has everything to do with Jehovah, Yahweh, the Lord God Almighty and - as I now love referring to Him - my Abba (or, literally, "Daddy").

Whew! Please believe me when I say it took me a l-o-n-g time to even begin feeling comfortable calling my Heavenly Father "Daddy"... I've had such demons of yucky connotations attached to the term over my 47 years.

So you might ask - if all that's true and you've had such difficulty cozying up to that term all these years, why on earth would you name your blog "Daddy's Girl"?

That's a legitimate question with a simple answer.

This is a blog site about VICTORY.  Its title represents the victorious culmination of years of identity issues successfully exposed, delivered, and healed in my life by none other than the Lord Jesus Christ, Son of my Abba - the True and Living God!  The Father told me that I was created to be Daddy's Girl.  Yep, that's what He told me!

And I want to talk about it.

Now my journey of discovery, transformation, and deliverance in God is ongoing, like everyone's.  The exposure, healing, and deliverance continues - as does my maturation in Him and the things of His Spirit.  But now He's brought me to the point in this marvelous, ongoing process where He can trust me with the goodies of His storehouses...  so I get to blog!  He's made me a Pastor so that, in His Authority, I can share what He's taught me about the inner workings of His heart with those who are hungry and thirsty for the same level of intimacy with Him and with each distinct member of The Godhead.

Oooweee... you gettin' deep, girl!!!  

That's right.  And if you want more, stay tuned.  The best in victory via testimony and discussion on this site is yet to come.

Please offer your comments if you want to praise our Heavenly Father, come to know Him through salvation, or ask sincere (respectful, please) questions about growing in deeper knowledge of His Heart and in intimacy with the Godhead in your walk with Jesus Christ.

It's my utmost pleasure, honor, and desire to share with you and pray for you.

Smiling in Jesus,
Daddy's Girl


"... fervent in spirit, serving the Lord..."
(Romans 12:11b)