Saturday, January 12, 2013

Humility is the Loving Conclusion

Everything is awesome about God.  Everything is wondrous about His Heart.

However, I suppose that, had I a numerical list of the things I find most beautiful about Abba, His unerring love of humility and things embodying ordinary, meek, innocent, and lowly postures of life would be high on it.

God's got it plastered through His word that He "resists the proud but gives grace to the humble" (1 Peter 5:5), that a broken and a contrite (or readily repentant) heart He will not despise (Psalm 51:17), and that pride and haughtiness go before destruction and a fall, respectively (Prov. 16:18).  It's been that way forever and, of course, humility is one of the cornerstones of His immutable character.

But it's only been in the past five years or so that I've truly begun to get it.  I say that because, although we're all equipped with the ability to "hold" truth, actually coming to "know" truth, in terms of allowing its appropriation to our lives, is another matter.  Holy Spirit explained to me that our ability to "hold" information comes by our intellects, but our ability to "know" a thing - letting its truth mix and mingle with our hearts - comes only by the Spirit.

The flesh hates to mix and mingle - mine in particular.

Since God asked me to receive the pastor designation, He has been giving me an intensified course in His value of humility.  It is completely killing my flesh, folks - but my spirit man loves it.  In the recent post titled, "The Lord is My Shepherd", I broached the subject of my crash course in learning to wait on God's financial provision instead of trying to fix things on my own.  I intimated I'd be discussing things again here and sort of checking in with all of you on my progress.

God is still faithfully supporting me in the face of financial queries.  In truth, I believe I'm learning more quickly to trust Him in areas of making something from nothing in money matters than I am in the emotional realm of humility.  For example, Daddy has redefined the word "prosper" big time for me.  I'm realizing that, with the Lord, you prosper by yielding to His character transformation.  You prosper, not by possessing money and things, but if you "endure hardship as a good soldier..." (2 Tim. 2:3).  With God, prosperity per se is not about people, places, or things - it's about appropriating the truth that our obedient submission to His character in us every day enables us to go through all the challenges of life, His way.  At its core, it's all about faith.
"Fight the good fight of faith.  Lay hold on eternal life, to which you were also called and have confessed the good confession in the presence of many witnesses." (1 Tim. 6:12)
This glorious Christian life is all about being zealous to enter the Kingdom of God having chosen to love and continue to love, no matter what.  Glory to His Name.  It's all about bowing to His will in all things.  God has called me - and all of us - to shine the light of His immutable character to the world.  Humility is at the forefront of my "laying hold" of eternal life; it's at the forefront of His holy reckoning within me, and at the forefront of His desire to reacquaint all of me with His Majesty and favor, which cannot be accomplished without justice and judgement, whether my flesh wants to have it or not.  The prideful, self-reliant places within me are being brought before His justice and summarily executed.  Does it hurt to kill the flesh? Always.  But is it worth it? Eternally.

That's the loving conclusion.

My Abba is making the crooked places straight within me so that I can go to a lost and dying world in His Name and proclaim His goodness to the masses in the fullness and power He's intended.  My dear Saints... it is a  p r o c e s s.  But I know and believe that, at its fruition, there is a crown of righteousness that awaits me; and not for me only, as Paul said, "but also to all who have loved His appearing." (2 Tim. 4:8).  So I've chosen to yield to His Spirit of Humility and continue eating from His hand.

At this point in the process - so far, so good.  Lord willing, I'll check in again.

Love in Christ Jesus,
Daddy's Girl




"... fervent in spirit, serving the Lord."
(Romans 12:11b)