Saturday, January 5, 2013

Not Understandable

Over the years, Daddy has revealed many truths to me regarding family.  Unceasingly, I am captivated by His painstakingly loving process of transformation in my life. 

For example, since none of my siblings chose to follow Jesus we've all been estranged for 25 years.  During this time, the Lord has used one fascinating phrase to elevate my understanding, ease my mind, and answer an obvious question on my part regarding their refusal to join the family of God...     Why?

I'll reveal the phrase He used momentarily, because what it's taught me is ever-old and ever-new in relevance to life.  It is a tragic, transcendent truth born of original rebellion.

Several years ago, Daddy gave me a kind of state of the siblings word through Pastor Nancy because, unbeknownst to her, I'd been periodically praying for them.  In His tender understanding of my heart regarding them, Abba certainly didn't chide me for praying.  But His wisdom called for my enlightenment regarding the rebellious resolve of their hearts.

In no uncertain terms through that word God explained to me that I was to "release" them. He said I was unaware of the lengths to which He'd gone repeatedly to "woo them" to His care, but they had settled in rebellion.  He said their hearts were contentious and greedy and, knowing full well that His way is the better way, still they chose the way of the enemy over His; they turned their backs on Him.

I don't mind sharing that my head reeled at His words, and scores of painful emotions stabbed me at once - like stumbling into a thorn bush.  The further into reality I fell the deeper the wounds, the greater the pain... even after so many years.

But what God said about each of them choosing the way of the enemy above His even though they knew full well that Abba's is the better way stuck to me like glue, y'all.  For weeks it left me in exhaustive quandary... why on earth would ANYONE do that?!  For the life of me, I couldn't understand that; it dumbfounded me.  The excruciatingly heart-piercing inquiry gnawed at me like a tapeworm until Holy Spirit mercifully quelled the torture with that phrase I said I'd share.  As always, His truth smoothed my furrowed brow when He said,
"Beloved, don't try to understand this - it's not understandable.  Don't try to figure this out - it's not figure out-able.  It's the Lucifer simplex."
Yep, that's what He told me... and, thankfully, He didn't end it there.
"Lucifer wanted one thing, and one thing only - to be worshiped like The Most High.  The brethren of angels and family of Heaven meant nothing to him.  Once iniquity seized his heart, his goal was simple (or singular), it was impossible, and it was insane.  In earth's history, those who are 'of him' behave in exactly the same way... from Cain to anti-Christ.  Amen."
Saints, I'd never heard it put that way, but it was the only way that actually made sense. God knows when a person's heart is fixed and resolved for either His way or the enemy's. Although He will appeal to the soul set against Him for as long as possible, He does not force the sanity of repentance on anyone, ever.  The harsh truth is that the enemy's way is insanity; it's derangement to knowingly choose death over life but, dreadfully, some people just do... it's why Hell exists.

So - with God's understanding that this is not understandable - I've looked honestly into the face of the condition's hold on the lives of my siblings due to their own choices.  And with greater understanding and tearful thanksgiving I worship God for His mercy on my life.  My salvation is HIS doing, and HIS kindness led me to repentance.  Period.

Casting my cares on Jesus in this place has been a tremendous challenge.  Daddy is gently ushering me through grieving the loss of relationship with them as He did with my earthly father; until now, I haven't been emotionally capable of doing so.  

My friends, please know that in these last days there will be many who will only think of themselves and refuse to turn to the Lord and His way.  We must be willing to keep our eyes on Jesus regardless of their choices.  Be patient and, as long as God allows, continue to pray diligently that His deepest desires be realized in every life:
"The Lord is... long-suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance."  (2 Peter 3:9)
Leaning on Jesus,

Daddy's Girl



"... fervent in spirit, serving the Lord."
(Romans 12:11b)





[REMINDER: As promised, I've posted the link to "Beyond the Veil: Encounters in Vision" at the bottom of this page.  Several of you have already visited the site, which debuted Friday, and I thank you all SO much for making the launch a success.  As the need arises, post days will increase.  God bless you all!]