Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Beary Loving & Protective - that's our God!

Billions of folks love and collect stuffed bears in all shapes and sizes.  I'm one of them.
Spiritually speaking, bears are symbolic of anger.  I think that's fascinating; mainly because of the obvious counter for that I can see in Daddy granting me a love of the stuffed variety that are all cute and cuddly and can't harm a flea.

In truth, bears in general remind me of Him.  Yes, all warm, supple, and harmless, but also fiercely protective and possessive of their kids - I like that in a bear.  I love it in Daddy.


"Nubble" Bear
Friendly scenery while writing!
This little guy (at right) is a fairly recent addition to my collection.  His name is Nubble because my twin sister Lynette and I brought him home from Maine a couple of years ago when we visited the Nubble Light lighthouse.

Adorable, isn't he?  He sits on my desk while I write and I enjoy giving his tummy an occasional scratch.

Okay, I'm a mush... what of it?  ;0)

Daddy's a "mush", too, and I see a little bit of Him symbolized in every member of my bear collection.  When it comes to protecting His "cubs" from the danger of enemy assault, Abba becomes this hulking, teethy, sharp-clawed rescuer ready to disembowel anyone and anything attempting to encroach upon the hedge of protection erected around His beloved.  (Absolutely LOVE that imagery!)  But when He gets back to the den where His cubs are nestled trustingly in safety and warmth, He becomes the soft-bellied embodiment of nurturing, care, and sympathy; maneuvering His muscular girth into a soft, spongy pillow for the comfort of His kidlets.  There's nothing like Abba's love and protection, Saints. Nothing.
Arthur, Libby, Buttercup, Lilac, and Bill Bear
Here's more of the gang.  They're just a sample of the joy I derive from picturing my loving Heavenly Father captured in the furry labor of somebody's love, and then grabbing the cuddly rep from a boutique shelf or playful pile in a department store. Toward His creation, kisses and hugs are what Daddy is truly all about and, simultaneously, He is the enemy's greatest nightmare.Gotta love it!  Hug Him with your whole heart today, friends; it will do Him all the good in the world.
"The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms; He will thrust out the enemy from before you, and will say 'Destroy'." (Deuteronomy 33:27)
In His Loving, Protective Arms...
Daddy's Girl



"... fervent in spirit, serving the Lord."
(Romans 12:11b)