Thursday, February 21, 2013

From Youth to Gray Hairs He's Kept Us

I read a tea tag once that said, "40 is the old age of youth, and 50 is the youth of old age."

The clock's ticking.

I don't mind it, though; and I still remember being a kid.  It took 40 years for any gray hair to show up on my head, but now they're popping out faster than I can count them.  So what. Truthfully (and I do mean truthfully), I love every single one of them.  Gray hair is found quite often among the Godly, scripture says.  It took 40 long years of wilderness living for me to get mine, and Daddy has been faithful to me through it all.  He's earned the hoary hairs, not me - and now I'm nearly 50.  That's really what this post is about... yet again, His unending faithfulness and, yet again, my eternal gratitude for it.
Psalm 71:6
"By You I have been upheld from birth; You are He Who took me out of my mother's womb. My praise shall be continually of You."
Isaiah 46:3
"Listen to Me, O house of Jacob, and all the remnant of the house of Israel who have been upheld by Me from birth, who have been carried from the womb:  Even to your old age, I Am He, and even to gray hairs I will carry you!  I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver you."
Those verses are fantastic.  The truth of the Lord's faithfulness through David, and then the truth of the Living God's own pledge of faithfulness to Israel out of His own mouth.  Amen.

The Lord deserves our obeisance every day, Saints.  Bow down before Him in worship at your own homes and bedrooms and private living space.  Bowing down before Him, prostrating ourselves before Him and surrendering - head to toe - ourselves to His whole will in our lives is the least we can do to honor His everlasting faithfulness and good will toward us every day of this world.  Oh, He is worthy... so worthy to be worshiped and praised.  HE IS OUR GOD, and beside Him there is no other.

Merciful God, with my whole heart I give and re-give... I dedicate and rededicate my entire life to You this day and every day.  I love You, O, Lord and Your goodness did bring me forth from my mother's womb to praise You and honor You all the days that I live.

From youth unto gray hairs You have kept me through everything - through all of my living - and You have healed my backsliding... therefore, I will put nothing between You and my obedience and voice of praise to You ALWAYS, in Jesus' Name.  Amen.

He's done the same thing for you, hasn't He, Saints?

Go into a room, even if it literally is closet space, and bow down before Him; hit your knees and then hit your face and LOVE ON HIM like you've never done it before, and He will bless your heart and mind and will and emotions like never before, because you will enable Him to reach you in a deep place that, perhaps, you haven't hitherto made accessible to His love.

That's what I did; and I found out that, when we bow before Him, He doesn't swell with pride... rather, He rushes over to us and crowns us with mercy and loving kindness and His protections and favor and every other spiritual crown He can think of - while we're wholly submitted to Him - to strengthen us more than ever when we return to our feet.

While on my knees, He told me once, "keep bowing, daughter, so I can crown you with blessing."  THAT'S WHAT HE DOES when we bow or lay, prone, at His feet... thank You, Jesus.

O, God above gods - who is ever ever like unto Thee?  We bless Your Holy Name. Amen.

Bowing before Him forever,
Daddy's Girl



"... fervent in spirit, serving the Lord."
(Romans 12:11b)