Saturday, March 16, 2013

A Grateful Heart

I believe simple, humble, consistent gratitude to God is a vastly important thing.
The phases and colors of my life in Christ supporting this truth have been amazing.

Like many others, I've looked back on various areas of love and growth and correction over the years and been astonished that I am still alive.  I've been amazed at God's goodness, and overwhelmed by gratitude whenever I realize how patient and loving and caring He's been with me.  I am grateful.

Assessing God's goodness in my life is an energizing undertaking of JOY and gladness but, especially, thanksgiving.


"O, give thanks unto the Lord, for His is good!  For His mercy endures forever." (Psalm 136:1)
That is a simple, pure, and rich verse from the Psalms' melodies which, in truth, is also loaded with critical keys for dynamic, successful living in relationship with Daddy. Gratitude in itself is born of humility - give thanks unto the Lord - and a humble heart then declares the truth about God - for He is good - we know that He alone is good. Then the best part for souls like me is that, out of the goodness of God's heart proceeds the mercy that purchased my salvation... the covenant between Daddy and me (and all His kids) which, through faith in Christ Jesus, is everlasting: His mercy endures forever.

Saints, nothing about God is trite or meaningless.  The weight and secure impact of love and righteousness, wholeness and newness and purity hallmarks all things born of Him.  And again, I am grateful.

Gratitude is a powerful, necessary, precious thing to the Godhead.  I remember reading what Jesus said when He cleansed the ten lepers and only one rushed back with tearful thanks (in Luke 17:17): "Were there not ten cleansed?  But where are the nine?"  As a child, I believe my heart was more sensitive at that time to the obvious sadness and bewilderment expressed by the Lord that, for such an extraordinarily kind, literally life-saving, and just plain miraculous work of healing He wasn't summarily tackled by all of the souls cleansed that day.  As I've grown older, though, I also look back on that occurrence with conviction in my heart and repentance for any time I may have taken for granted God's goodness and miraculous impartations to my life.

Friends, I always want to be grateful, and I never want to take the love of Daddy, Lord Jesus, and Holy Spirit lightly.  The Three Who thought up "me" are all-important to my life.  They thought up everything and, frankly, deserve my utmost thanks.  [They also deserve my utmost thanks for putting up with me, but that's another blog post!  ;0) ]

Through many powerful and ongoing deliverances, the intimacy I now enjoy constantly with Abba, Jesus, and Holy Spirit is good and pure and gracious.  I have grown to greatly admire and enjoy the submitted hearts of the true family of God worldwide, as well as those surrounding me in the fellowship of believers I've known and loved for years.  The Lord has shown me many more things for which I am grateful.  Had I space to write them, all of Heaven would be filled.

How about you?

Beloved, look back on the phases and seasons of your life you have survived abundantly by God's power, and allow Him to birth even greater gratitude within you.  Your praise will illuminate your countenance daily, and God Himself will be gladened and enriched by your thanks.


"Nevertheless, the Lord will wait so He can be gracious to you; and thus He will rise up to show you mercy.  For the Lord is a God of justice.  How blessed are those who wait for Him." (Isaiah 30:18)
Daily celebrating the heart of praise and blessing He's given me...

Daddy's Girl


 "... fervent in spirit, serving the Lord."
(Romans 12:11b)