Sunday, March 24, 2013

A Poem for Jesus

I started thinking about how - as Christ rode into Jerusalem on Palm Sunday - He knew full well that five days later He'd be hanging on a cross, taking away the sins of the world.

He was determined to fulfill the will of the Father, the will of His Daddy, by reconciling mankind to Himself and getting everything of opportunity for eternal life in Him back on track.  For me, such thoughts inspire poetry.

This short and sweet poem is dedicated to the Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God.

"I THANK YOU"
I bless Your Holy Name, Lord God
I bless Your Holy Name.

I thank You for Your sacrifice
I thank You for the grave.

Yes, thank You for the grave, Lord God
from which You've rescued me.
I bow my life before You, King
and worship, gratefully.
Your nail-scarred hands are precious gems
so is Your bleeding side
Though faith in You the world condemns
I know You are the Prize,

The Pearl, the treasure chest of love
that frees me from all care
I know Your bleeding side is rich,
I see that it is where
Your Spirit leads the sinner to
when he's had quite enough
of burdens foul and bitter roots,
and seas - stormy and rough.
So, Lord, I'm pressed against Your side
and I accept Your plan

that breathes in me eternal life
and makes me a new "man"!
(Copyright © 2013. Sharon Joy Gramling. All Rights Reserved.)


God Bless You all,
Daddy's Girl