Sunday, March 3, 2013

All Things New - How Exciting!

Happy Sunday!

I am grateful for the coming of spring and what it means to my life in God.  This time of year is very special to the Father.  New beginnings, First Fruit offerings, new growth, new life, new purpose.  The Lord likes the word "new"... I should say He loves it:
"Behold, I will do a new thing, now it shall spring forth; shall you not know it? I will even make a road in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.  The beasts of the field will honor Me, the jackals and the ostriches, because I give waters in the wilderness and rivers in the desert, to give drink to My people, My chosen.  This people I have formed for Myself; they shall declare My praise." (Isaiah 43:19-21)
"For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; and the former shall not be remembered or come to mind.  But be glad and rejoice forever in what I create; for behold, I create Jerusalem as a rejoicing and her people as a joy."  (Isaiah 65:17-18)
"Through the Lord's mercies we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not.  They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness.  The Lord is my portion, says my soul, therefore I hope in Him!" (Lam. 3:22-24)
"And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying; neither shall there be any more pain, for the former things are passed away.  Then He Who sat on the throne said, 'Behold, I make all things new'. And He said to me, 'Write, for these words are true and faithful'." (Rev. 21:4-5)
There's never a time when God is not creating.  How wonderful is that?  Can you even imagine it?  Well, we know God does not get tired like we do - He doesn't need  to eat or sleep or even breathe to stay alive like we do.  Wow - roll that  around in your mouth.  Indeed He is totally "other" than man, and yet He is our Eternal, Everlasting Father  - our pattern, our blueprint, our Source, our Creator.  There's nothing He wants more than to get close to us.  To indwell us and to know us.  My goodness.  I relish thoughts of God along such lines.  I could think about God in these ways all day, every day.  To say the VERY least, the Lord our God is inexhaustibly fascinating.  Isn't He?  His character and inner workings constantly illuminate my mind.

The "Self-Existent" One.  Hallelujah; and this is the One we  have on our side from the get-go.  Indeed, as His children, it's never a question of whether or not the Lord is on our side; rather, the question is "who is on the Lord's side?"
"Then Moses stood in the gate of the camp and said, who is on the Lord's side? Let him come unto me.  And all the sons of Levi gathered themselves together unto him." (Exodus 32:26)
"And Elijah came unto all the people and said, how long halt you between two opinions?  If the Lord be God, follow Him..." (1 Kings 18:21a)   
The same as most of you reading this right now, I made up my mind and chose sides long ago.  As Joshua said to the children of Israel, "... choose you this day who you will serve... as for me and my house, we shall serve the Lord."  AMEN!

That firm decision brings another set of adventures to my house this spring, because serving the Lord is many things, my friends, but it is not (and never will be) dull or boring.  I'm looking forward to a new season of contemplations in the Lord filling my mind and adorning my path.  New sonnets will He sing to me, new fragrances I'll inhale; new depths of His Spirit I will explore, all in His Name, forever.
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation.  Old things have passed away; behold, all things are become new."  (2 Cor. 5:17)
The coming of spring holds His promise of all things new.
Aren't you excited?

Celebrating New Beginnings,
Daddy's Girl


 
 "... fervent in spirit, serving the Lord."
(Romans 12:11b)