Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Love's conviction births Godly resolutions

Recently, I came across this verse and it got me thinking...

“A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.” (John 13:34)

Actually, it convicted me.  God has been dealing with me a lot about offenses and unconditional love. I don’t know how everyone feels about this, but I am determined (long-since) never to be the enemy’s fool in any given situation.   That’s not to say that I will never be “overcome at a fault” as scripture categorizes it – our sinful humanity is simply a reality.

However, it IS to say that, once God has clearly communicated to me my error in a thing, I have pledged to bow my knees in submission to His Spirit’s Authority over – and Ownership of – my soul.  The scripture from John is a perfect case-in-point. Loving one another as Christ has loved us is a deeply cleansing undertaking that starts with deliverance of “self” issues.   It starts with our realization that…
  • In Christ’s Love, there is NO offense.
  • In Christ’s Love, there is Humility.
  • In Christ’s Love, there is Forgiveness of others.
  • In Christ’s Love, there is personal Repentance.
Friends, I have resolved to obey God and ignore offenses. That is what He told me to do. Regarding offense He said, “Ignore it, as though it never happened. Leave offenses to Me.” Hence forth, that is what I have resolved to do.

I have resolved to humble myself continually before God that the areas of lies and sin He wishes to expose in me will be exposed for deliverance and healing.

I have resolved to receive Christ’s heart of forgiveness towards those who have wronged or wounded me.

I have resolved to repent of personal sins in every area, receiving God’s humility in contrition regarding everyone I have wronged or wounded.

That makes the way clear for me to follow God’s greatest commandment. It also augments my JOY and celebration in knowing that, through Christ’s Love, I will never again be the enemy’s fool.

Saying "Amen" to all God's directives,
Daddy's Girl



"... fervent in spirit, serving the Lord."
(Romans 12:11b)