Thursday, March 21, 2013

Thinking of You Always - Love, God

You know, most of mankind is still "long-lost" to the heart of God.  When you think of it, we were all created to be His sweethearts... to enjoy the intimacy of fellowship with Him in the most personal and beneficial ways, and we blew it.  In the Garden of Eden, mankind stepped away from God's supernatural beneficence, and it took the shed blood of Jesus to make the way clear for us to re-enter Daddy's merciful embrace.  But not all have chosen that path.  Not all have accepted the wonderful package Abba wrapped in the crimson bow of Christ's blood and placed on the very doorstep of our hearts.  In fact, most haven't, and the remaining long-lost are the ones Jesus thinks of most.

Lately, my heart repeatedly visits God's transparent sentiments in Jeremiah 29:11.  Apart from it reflecting Daddy's true heart for all of His kids, it pointedly censures any false notion that He's up in His heaven waiting to shoot the world down, or longing to blast the majority of mankind yet unsaved.  Indeed, that popular fleshly conjecture couldn't be more wrong, and someone's heart and countenance needs to hear the truth today of how God really feels about them... about all of us.  Here's that precious scripture verse:

“For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.”

That’s good stuff, Saints. God is desiring our hearts to know and be assured that He is always thinking GOOD thoughts concerning us. God is never the bad guy. His heart is so full of love for us at all times, it is almost bursting. Even when He corrects us or rebukes us, it is with a heart of love and positive expectancy for our repentance and realignment with His will for our successful future in Him. There is no failure in God, and He is not turned against us, His children – HE IS FOR US - and He thinks fondly of us, continually. 

The Best of
That’s a lesson I’ve had to learn over and over again as the years go by with me projecting the attitudes and poor character of humanity onto Abba.  Through it all, God has been patient with me and watchful of me as I have learned. He never gets tired of reminding me; He knows I need it so.  When I get things right in a situation, He encourages me as if I were royalty... until I realize that I am!  Then He smiles, and presses me softly to His side.  Oh, Saints, He is an amazing God.  So loving, so patient, and so kind.

He is forever kindly intentioned towards the true frailties of humanity; He understands our frame, just as scripture says, and He never deviates from His true self - He cannot - but abides in truth forever.  He abides by His will concerning my heart’s transformation in Him, and He is patient with my misunderstandings and my misreads of His heart towards me. 

God is ever faithful, and His focus lies totally and completely on you, and on me, and on all of His children – individually and collectively – simultaneously! Is that wonderful or what?

Who wouldn’t serve a God like Him? His thoughts and His heart and the comfort of His breast are always available and accessible to His kids.  Always.   He never takes a day off of loving us, supporting us, blessing us, focusing and refocusing us, singing and laughing over us in JOY, and calling us His beloved own.

Can we say the same about our hearts for Him?

Thank You, merciful God, for always holding out Your hand to the lost in hopes of reconciliation, for the loving thoughts You think of us consistently, and for mapping out our future under Your wings in hope and love. In Jesus’ Name, we love You.

Amen.

Daddy's Girl

"... fervent in spirit, serving the Lord."
(Romans 12:11b)