Thursday, March 7, 2013

What are we going to do about Christ?

I worked a few years in the corporate world of White Plains, NY, and there I witnessed multiple lives involved in the hustle and bustle of making money, making "something of themselves", and making a so-called life for their families.  A lot of those efforts involved working ridiculously long hours for unpleasant clients, enslaving their secretaries (er, excuse me - "administrative assistants") to similar drudgery, and subsequently denying their own families precious, irretrievable time with them.

So on my way back from a quick lunch one afternoon, I asked the Lord why all those people subjected themselves to such rigors and what could make such entanglements seem attractive?  Here's what God said to me:
"To them, this is the highest that they can go.  To their thinking, they have arrived to the way of utmost prosperity and grace.  Being here IS their 'promised land', and they think there is no more to the circumstance or additives of life."
My mind went off in a million directions, but its surmising was delayed by the continuation of Abba's words...
"That is why I am trying so hard to convince those who hear My voice to speak to those who are lost - through Godly living, through prayer and supplication, through showing unconditional love to their circumstance in unbelief, and by coming to My Throne on their behalf.  What if it were you who was dying, beloved?  Wouldn't you want someone to continually plead your cause on My behalf?  On behalf of what My Son did at Calvary for you?  That is why I ask you to continue praying for them, showing them that a life does not consist in the drudgery against laziness and the perceived opinions of men.  Rather, Life in its complete console of holiness and pleasures and righteousness and good, clean living - is in Me.  It is only found in Me."
Well, any "publican and sinner" thoughts I might have had in response to what God began to say got completely crushed after this.  After He finished His entreaty to my soul to pray for the lost and dying of this world - and not solely judge them for their frenetic pace in living - I was humbled and repentant.  But I was also enlightened and blessed.

So I took the Lord's wisdom, and I prayed for everybody in it.  I prayed for the rushing, frantic, opinion-bound, business people I worked with and for... and I prayed for my own walk in boldness before Him; in unconditional love and gratitude to Jesus for saving my soul in the first place.

The zealousness within me grew, and I'm glad it did because, even lately, I sometimes wonder - what are the corporate executives, superstars, and "rich" people of this world going to do when they have to stand naked before the God of all eternity?  Before the God of every universe Who they never took the time to know?  When they can't pay off anyone or use their so-called "clout" or influence to make things go their way and they stand, bereft in understanding of anything Godly or set apart by God in any fashion... Besides lose control of every bodily function, my friends... what on earth, or anywhere, are they going to do? 

That day is coming.

So here's a big part of my prayer regarding the gospel, for myself and all Daddy's kids:
"... and for me, that utterance may be given to me, that I may open my mouth boldly to make known the mystery of the gospel... that in it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak." (Eph. 6:19-20)
To me, the very least I can do is resolve to SHOUT HIS NAME and saving power from the rooftops - with my mouth and through my writing - under His direction, no matter what it costs me.  My reasonable service in Him is to submit to His will in all things, so that others might be saved, as I was, by His Mercy and Grace.

Will you join me?
 

Praying God's Wisdom, Understanding, and Boldness on us all...
Daddy's Girl 

"... fervent in spirit, serving the Lord."
(Romans 12:11b)