Tuesday, May 28, 2013

A Poem of Remembrance

The Best of

The Circle of Prayer

How many prayers were prayed for me
and lifted to God on a bended knee?

How many sacrifices were made
by God-fearing souls so I could be saved?

That I would be righteous, unyielding, and wise;
and ever press on toward the mark of the prize?

So I should remember, give thanks, and be glad
that those gone before me, in white linen clad,

Did not think it lowly to lift prayers for me,
But cited in God's heart the deep urgency

That I should be favored by what they would pray -
His Scepter extended, no hint of delay

To snatch my young heart from beelzebub's grasp
and seal it with LOVE which forever would last!

Yes, how many times was I lifted in prayer
that God's faithful Signet of Life would be where

Neither thief can break into, nor rust can corrode;
and I would rest safe in His Bosom's Abode.

So now I say "thank you" as I watch and pray
for souls to be touched by the words I will say

In grateful entreaty, petitions I'll start
that lives may be changed by the Love of God's Heart.


(Copyright © 2013 Sharon Joy Gramling. All Rights Reserved.)

Friends, thank God for all souls who have prayed for you, and ask that He mightily equip your heart to do the same for them and the generations to come, in Jesus' Name.

In Grateful Remembrance,
DADDY'S GIRL


"...fervent in spirit, serving the Lord."
(Romans 12:11b)