Saturday, May 25, 2013

A Special Birthday Gift

Today is my 48th Gregorian calendar birthday, and the Lord favored me last night with a visit from my sweetheart nephew, Reuben.  Daddy knew what would make my heart smile; he's been a gift to my life for 42 years.

I've written briefly about his tender heart in another Daddy's Girl post, and he hasn't changed.  He's still a gentle giant (he's built like a tank and looks terrific!) with the heart of a puppy.  That's awesome.

"Kerona" & Reuben
Here he is with a four-footed friend he once knew. You see what I mean by being built like a tank; he's since grown even bigger!  He's got a profile on Google Plus, so I don't mind giving you a glimpse of him (sort of). He loves the Lord, is hardworking - and currently unavailable, ladies!

He and I were raised together by the same Godly woman we both call "Ma".  Absolutely.  To say the least, I love Reuben very, very much.  Visiting with him for about an hour before he got back on the road was the perfect, special birthday gift from Daddy; nobody favors us like our God! :0)

I consider the history Reuben and I share a blessing from God and just wanted to express my thanksgiving to the Lord, publicly, for enabling one who shares both kinship and covenant relationship in Christ with me to remain in my life after all these years.

Thank you, Jesus!

And thank you, friends, for reading...
Daddy's Girl



"... fervent in spirit, serving the Lord."
(Romans 12:11b)