Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Take the Cake

More and more we as Christians are being called upon NOT to compromise what we know to be the will and directives of God. More and more the heat's going up on our witnesses, on our lives in general, and on our walks before the Lord.

More and more we are seeing how deeply God loves us.  He'll never love us more than He does now, friends... He IS love and His love is everlasting and at its peak in fullness and tranquility and power on our behalf - always.  It's we who grow in love for Him as we continue to see how great He is, how much of a friend and a lover of us He is... how magnificently merciful and lovingly kind He is in good intentions ALWAYS turned toward us.

Oh, how I love Him...  He is my "Daddy" in every sense of the word.

Because of the cruelty and barrenness of my earthly father, I used to hate that term - but now I love it.  The Lord God Almighty (a phrase representative of the Godhead) has taught me to be boastful of that term as it applies to His Great Love for me... He IS my Daddy in every sense of the word.  My true, honest-to-goodness and "for real" Daddy, y'all.  Who else on earth can say that about Him?

Why, every last one of us, of course!
"Behold, all souls are Mine; the soul of the father as well as the soul of the son are Mine; the soul who sins shall die."  (Ezekiel 18:4)
"For we are His workmanship; created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God ordained beforehand that we should walk in them." (Eph. 2:10)
It's just that - like me for so many years - not all of us ever come to realize this magnificently soft, tender, outstretched truth; even those who believe and trust in Him.

We HAVE a Daddy... we are not forsaken; we are not orphaned as the enemy and our meandering fleshly ideas would have us defiantly believe.  Christ's shed blood has brought us into the family of believers, it's wonderfully true; but we also belong to God simply because He created us.  God created us first and loves us first... but the rights and privileges to our inheritance as His seed can only be activated in our lives through faith in Jesus Christ and His redemptive plan.

The Best of
Simply stated, there is a cake of cleansing "soap" available to everyone - none held back or deprived... but only those who - through faith - take the cake off the shelf and apply it to their bodies will be washed clean by its purity and strength.  Christ Jesus is the "cake", friends... Jesus is the One and Only cleansing agent Abba has provided for the eternal inheritance in His Breath of Life to be activated by Holy Spirit; to fill our lungs and save our souls from the ravages of death, hell, and the grave.

More and more God is steadily about the business of separating the sheep from the goats. More and more our testimonies of life lived for Him will clearly identify on Who's side we stand... on Who's side we abide.  Will you be willing to step to the Lord's side, and there, eternally abide?  For those of you who love Him and confess Him (like me), I pray your continued strength in His Holy Spirit, that you will stand in Him and continue to stand amid this evil day and through the end.

But if you're not saved, I urge you to believe my words in their humble entreaty; I pray God causes you to truly see the heart of Love in Him from whence they are birthed.  I love you, friends... saved or unsaved, the heartfelt plea and love of the Lord God is in me for all of you.  To those precious lives of His creation who are not yet saved and in the family of Jesus Christ of Nazareth Who came in the flesh, I urge you today...

TAKE THE CAKE.

Let Christ Jesus wash you and cleanse you with His Blood and hold you tenderly to His forgiving Breast as only He can and will.  Take the cake today, my friends - and live.  Amen.

My Love in Christ to All of You,
DADDY'S GIRL


"... fervent in spirit, serving the Lord."
(Romans 12:11b)