Thursday, June 6, 2013

God is "Deeper Still"

One of my favorite people ever is Miss Cornelia "Corrie" ten Boom.

Do you love God enough to forgive someone who's brutally beaten your loved one?  Do you love Him enough to look "beyond" yourself and your emotions, expectations, and standards to "do the right thing" according to what He's  defined and specified?  Corrie did.
Cornelia "Corrie" ten Boom

If you're familiar with her story poignantly revealed in the film "The Hiding Place", or if you clicked on her name at the start of this post and read her bio synopsis, you know she ultimately refused to give in to the inner struggle spawned by the intensely cruel and impoverished mentalities of Nazi regimes invading Holland and her beloved Netherlands in the 1940s.  Indeed, after much agonizing personal conflict, she submitted to the Name Above All Names and embraced forgiveness.

Friends, in our walk with Daddy, it's critical that we choose as did Christ in the Garden of Gethsemane: "Not My will, but Thine be done."  That's what Corrie embraced and, through God's power, she was supernaturally enabled to forgive one of the most vile of the prison guards present during her unjust incarceration.  She never concealed her inward struggle to forgive, nor did she fail to praise the True and Living God for rising up within her in the power of reconciliation.

No matter what trouble we're in, no matter the circumstance, it is imperative that we ask Daddy to seal within us the indisputable truth of His Mighty Presence and Power to overcome.  Only then can we testify in His Authority, as did Corrie and her sister Betsy:

"There is no pit so deep that He is not deeper still."

O, how I love that truth!  Hallelujah!  Those words, inspired by God, have changed my life's perspective entirely and given me strength and courage where there once was none. Thank You, Jesus!  Thank You!  That statement, and the magnetic faith it wields, comes by witness of one who lived depths of depraved persecution I may never personally experience (but, then again - I might).  Corrie knew AND lived proof of its resounding veracity!  I praise God for His shining example within her and all those like her, who yield to the Spirit of Christ living in them.
"I am crucified with Christ, nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ lives in me.  And the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God Who loved me and gave Himself for me."  (Gal. 2:20)
No matter how low we are pressed, God's hands can reach omnipotently deeper to lift us up, encourage us, redeem our hope, restore us, heal us, and save us from trouble.  Truly believing this will enable us to submit to Holy Spirit's directives and follow Jesus no matter how difficult pressure from the world gets, and no matter how viciously we are persecuted for trusting in His Name.  That is my personal prayer and my prayer for all of us as we venture further into the fiery heat of these last days.

I look very much forward to meeting Miss ten Boom in Heaven, where I will quote her words to her, and add these in agreement:
"The Eternal God is your refuge; and, underneath, are the Everlasting Arms..." (Deut. 33:27a)
Hallelujah.
DADDY'S GIRL


"... fervent in spirit, serving the Lord."
(Romans 12:11b)