Tuesday, June 11, 2013

God Says You're Worthy

Too often, because I don't believe I'm worthy to receive certain gifts from God, I short us both. Layers of unworthiness and fear of rejection are exposed in me and gently peeled away from the true fruit of my life each time I read this verse from 2 Samuel:
"I gave you your master's house and your master's wives into your keeping, and gave you the house of Israel and Judah.  And if that had been too little, I also would have given you much more!" (2 Samuel 12:8)
The part that cuts me in two is where God says to David, "And if that had been too little, I also would have given you much more!"  That's just what a Daddy would do, Saints - give us more.  Honestly, until now I've never felt worthy of that.  While many of God's gifts I've accepted, it's been almost an emotional reflex to sidestep His incalculable generosity, due to lies I had embraced.

Because of them, I had to learn from scratch what a God-defined "father" is, and I'm still learning that there's infinitely more to know.  That phenomenally giving component of the Father's heart that says 'okay, I've already given you everything - I've given you more than you'll ever need or use or spend, but that isn't the point.  The point is that I LOVE YOU... you're My child, and I will do anything for you.  So if you want more, I'll give you more.' 

That's the part that melts me.

I grew up with an earthly father who neither felt nor did any of those things because a spirit of anti-Christ was in him.  He couldn't give me unconditional love because he didn't have it himself.  But our Merciful, Loving, Heavenly Father is nothing like that!  That's the understanding I've been slowly drawn into by Daddy's delicate hand... that's what's still so radically different from my raising that its blatant, shameless passion still shocks me.

God's unconditional love is not only enduring, it's desperate; desperate to be known and trusted and permanently absorbed.

'I love you, you're My child, and I will do anything for you.'  What an anointed position we hold to have Almighty God say that to us!  For His words are not hollow like ours often are... His words impact and resonate everlastingly and, for each love-starved soul, they carry eternal meaning, fulfillment, purpose, and depth.  They hold the restorative power and signature of His Divine Nature as our Eternal, Heavenly Caretaker; and they positively never fall void to the ground.

The Best of
I'm not used to that.  Even after all this time, the depths of this truth have not fully plumbed my mind or emotions.  My heart seeks its grasp, and the Father yet extends its redemptive Light to my weary soul.  Holy Spirit is getting there, though; and each time I read that simple verse He speaks Abba's flesh-killing kindness to my countenance, and I am delivered further.

My friends, in Jesus...  we   are   worthy.  Unworthiness has robbed us too long.

The Father wants us fitted with the understanding of WHY we are worthy in His eyes, and not perpetually unworthy of His Goodness and Blessing, as the flesh would have us believe. This is what He told me...
"You are worthy because I love you.  My love for you makes you worthy in my sight.  I deemed you worthy of saving because of My Great Love, and no one can take that away from you.  Not even you."
That's the truth, y'all.  Why were we deemed worthy by Abba to be saved?  "For God so LOVED the world..." - THAT'S why.  "For God so loved..." - unconditionally and desperately - that He would do anything for us.  And He did; He did everything and - in eternity - He'll give us even more.
"Behold, what manner of love the Father has bestowed upon us, that we should be called the children of God..." (1 John 3:1a)

DADDY'S GIRL


"... fervent in spirit, serving the Lord."
(Romans 12:11b)