Wednesday, June 5, 2013

What Makes a "Good" Daddy's Girl Post?

I've written several posts for Daddy’s Girl that have made me cry; that's also made me wonder... what’s a really good post all about?

IMO, what makes a really good post is being able to emit truth in keeping with the entire blog’s aim. In this case it’s “extolling the tender heart of God”, and most posts hit a definite bullseye on that.

Freedom of Expression

Whenever I can effectively say what I mean and have readers literally “see” it and be blessed by it according to God’s definition, the post is good. I admit that, by God’s power entirely, Daddy’s Girl hits the mark with most readers. I love this blog. I love all the blogs He's given me, but Daddy’s Girl is most special to my heart because, in it, God allows me the freedom to emote (i.e., gush all over the place) about His goodness by testifying of my actual experiences in His Presence, hearing His voice, listening to Him, loving on Him, and being loved by Him. I let you in to the secret living room of my heart, which Abba has fully occupied and furnished.

Sharing Truth

The Best of
God and His mercy enables me to share - JOYFULLY - the truths of what He’s doing within me in transformation of my character and appetites to that of His Dear Son Jesus. Testimony makes good, solid, touching, sometimes life-changing posts. Extolling the Godhead, the Three in One, is equally necessary to praising Abba alone and - when you really see it clearly - to love and extol One is to love and extol All, for They agree in one, according to scripture.

When Holy Spirit surges in my heart as the Father’s truths are being communicated through the powerful vehicle of blogging, I know I’ve written a “good” post. Truly, I am just the scribe in them, but God graciously communicates His truths and wisdom through my emotional bent and the uniqueness of personality He’s given me. That is generous above all things done to me in writing, as far as I’m concerned. God allows me to make His truth my own in the ways I convey it to others touched by my particular writing "voice". Only a gracious, loving God would do that.

So, friends - extolling God and acquainting others with the depths of His true character (in the ways He's revealed it to me) is the complete goal of Daddy’s Girl.

Doing that makes each post good.


God bless all of you,
DADDY'S GIRL


"... fervent in spirit, serving the Lord."
(Romans 12:11b)