Saturday, July 27, 2013

A Sonnet of Promising Bloom

Every so often God puts a poem in my heart.  As you are probably aware, poetic verse is very important to me.

The heartfelt expression within its loins - whether serious, sad, or lighthearted - bridges otherwise cavernous gaps my emotions could never cross.

Our Daddy knows everything.

Today, I'm sharing a sonnet of sweet promise to keep going in God no matter what.  There was a light tune of persevering love caressing my heart like a soft breeze when I wrote it, and I pray it truly blesses all of you:

"I WILL BLOOM"

I will bloom in the midst of the storm,
though the clouds linger black overhead.
I will sing unto God a new song
because, in Him, I'm thoroughly fed.
I will make brilliant praise to the King
Who has planted my life in His fields.
To His harvest I will boldly bring
testimony that trusting Him yields.
He's our God through the good and our God through the bad;
in His Name I will JOY and DELIGHT and be GLAD!
And no matter the dark threat of rain...
or the rumbling skies frowning down...
   I will bloom for my God, unashamed
   and receive from His hands a new crown.

(Copyright© 2013 by Sharon Joy Gramling. All Rights Reserved.)

In full and joyous bloom,
DADDY'S GIRL


"... fervent in spirit, serving the Lord."
(Romans 12:11b)


photo credit: heanster via photopin cc