Saturday, July 20, 2013

All in His Family

I praise God for all the nations that make up me.

Native American ancestry edges out the African blood in me, and after that comes (believe it or not) a strong Celtic vein (that's where I get the freckles!), and then a fluffy topping of French roots rounds everything out.  That's a nice, even number of nations I see in myself in increments nearly every day, no fooling; God is fantastic.

I especially enjoy pondering the truth that God's Kingdom will have  in it representatives from every bloodline of the earth; for me, there's something very special about that.  It hits a place in me where the very notion of abandonment or orphaning is totally censured.  That's so good, friends.  God is a Father to the fatherless and, in Him, none are betrayed or left out; none are discarded as rubbish - ALL are valued highly.  Daddy is the God Who deeply adores His creation.  He lovingly and carefully chooses the "blends" in us; He accepts and approves of all those receiving His dear Son as Savior regardless of race, creed, or color.  I love that.

"And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.  And they sung a new song, saying, You are worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for You were slain, and have redeemed us to God by Your blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation; and have made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth." (Rev. 5:8-10)

I pray you praise our God today for all the nations that make up you!

DADDY'S GIRL

"... fervent in spirit, serving the Lord."
(Romans 12:11b)

photo credit: NASA Goddard Photo and Video via photopin cc