Tuesday, July 23, 2013

God Has No Sweat Glands

A few years before my mother passed over, we were having trouble paying the tax bill on our house.  Back then, we had joint tenancy of the house and land, so I’d gone to a local financing company I had a good track record with to try to secure a loan for the taxes.  Naturally, though, the collateral they sought necessitated a lien be placed on our property; neither my mom nor I wanted that.

From the finance office I called my mother, and she then phoned our family lawyer to apprise him of the dilemma.  Saints, to my utter astonishment, he called me at the finance office and volunteered on the spot to pay the tax bill and get payment from us, “whenever you can”...!

Now, this elderly attorney had been our family lawyer even before my birth; he had congenial rapport with my mother's parents and actually held the original mortgage on our homestead.  He was a soft-spoken, unassuming, former corporate lawyer (and practically a millionaire); he was also a Christian, and I knew it.  But I confess that, never in a lifetime of dreaming, did I believe he would do such benevolent service to us that day.  It was obviously the hand of God, and it left a mark on my faith like few things have since then.

I remember the satisfied assurance covering my mom’s face when I told her what had happened.  She knew it was God, she wasn’t surprised - only delighted.  As my faithful example on earth, she hadn’t lent herself to worry as did I.  After all, she was her Heavenly Father’s daughter...  I’ll never forget that day and Daddy’s solid rescue of us through the kind heart of one of His saints no doubt put in place for just that occasion.

God is remarkable.

Beloved, always turn your back on worry of any kind.  When we trust and obey the Lord, only what He forecasts for us will come to pass – period.  What great peace abides in that truth!  He does not sit in the heavens wringing His hands over life’s progressing plots.  He is in control of everything.  He doesn’t worry and neither should we.

God has no sweat glands!
“Be anxious (worried; fretted) for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God which surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.”  (Phil. 4:6-7)

Praying God’s Peace Upon You,
DADDY’S GIRL


"... fervent in spirit, serving the Lord."
(Romans 12:11b)