Wednesday, July 10, 2013

He is Our Peace


"When the storms of life are raging,
Stand by me (stand by me);
When the storms of life are raging,
Stand by me (stand by me);
When the world is tossing me
Like a ship upon the sea
Thou Who rulest wind and water,
Stand by me
(stand by me)."
 
Charles A. Tindley, 1905


I never grow weary of listening to Holy Spirit's assurances in this regard.  God is the only One Who can keep us truly calm on the inside, even though the "storms of life" are raging on the outside. 

Circumstances can loom large but, really, they are nothing at all for the child of God.  Allowing this truth to genuinely land and have reign of my emotions has been very challenging at times and has also come as a tremendous relief.  So much of the time, the simplest concepts are the most profound.  The soft directive of Holy Spirit to just "let God do it" has been the most challenging for me.

It's okay to let God do it.  Yes, we've heard that millions of times... but, when the storms of life are raging, how many of us actually do that?  See what I mean?  I want my initial reaction to be to "let God do it", and I'm truly getting there by His power, Saints.  Thank the Lord.  It has involved heartfelt, gut-level prayer during private time with Daddy... I literally sit on the edge of my bed and express to Him my solemn desire to yield to His Spirit in all things.  I am the weak one here, but He is ever strong.  Alone, I am bereft of true knowledge, but He IS wisdom, knowledge, and understanding.  I love the "understanding" part best, because I need it most - and He understands that.

"The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy..." (Psalm 103:8)

That Psalm goes on to declare God's tender consideration of our fleshly frame.  He doesn't fault us for being dust, and He understands our tendencies to "rage" right along with life's storms.  It's then when Christ asks to take the helm of our ship so that He can speak to the rising waters and surging tempests, re-establishing the truth in us that HE is the Captain of it all, and we have nothing to fear.

Our ships, our souls, and our journeys are all in His hands, friends, and He has no intention whatsoever to leave us to our own devices.  In Him, we have everything of peace and righteousness and safety, always.
"For He Himself is our Peace..." (Eph. 2:14)

Thank You, Jesus.
DADDY'S GIRL

"... fervent in spirit, serving the Lord."
(Romans 12:11b)