Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Intimate Discoveries - Part 1

I used to think I could only go so far with God in terms of so many things.

I used to think I could only receive His forgiveness for so long, or I could only get so close to His Throne.  I was wrong about both.

I used to think wanting to share everything with God was taking insolent liberties with Him - after all, running every universe is a big enough job without listening to all my petty grievances and tracking the youthful wonderings and wanderings of my heart.  I was wrong about that, too.

Most of all, I used to think I would never be able to release all the love bursting in my heart just because I didn't have a husband and children to receive it.  Discovering how wrong I was about that radically and irrevocably changed my life.  Hallelujah.

God's approval means absolutely everything to me.  Absolutely everything.

How many of us build our lives around the opinion of others?  We measure our value and self-worth, directly or indirectly, based upon what others think.  Folks who say they don't care what others think, they just want to make a lot of money and get a lot of things so they can live the way they want are indirectly planning their futures based on world opinion.  World opinion says, "living the life" is having enough money to champion material things and perishable circumstances.  That's not Daddy's plan for us.

The best truths I've ever realized concern God's love for me.  The truth that He loves me unconditionally - I mean really loves me unconditionally, no matter what silly thing I've done or landmine I've detonated - has covered me in security and confidence in who I am and why I'm here like nothing else.  I know I can find my way and even though I make mistakes and still stumble into sin occasionally, I can count on His love being there for me as strongly as ever.  He once told me that my sins may separate me from Him, but they will never separate Him from me (just as scripture says).  Daddy's staying put, but it's up to me whether I wander away from Him or not; that's what He's working to secure in my life - my faithfulness, not His.

Just when I think I am the judge of my life, happily, I discover I am not.  God is far easier on me than I am.  Just when I think I've tipped the scales to my own demise through wrongdoing and misunderstanding His ways, He holds out His scepter and sanctions my approach.  That action is not gratuitous, it's heartfelt - that's the best part for me.  God is not a pretender or a player... He is sincerity personified, and His love for us is desperate, intense, unabashed, and intoxicatingly passionate.

When we lean into Him, He never backs away - He always opens His arms to receive us, even after the worst day of sin and shame and self-discovery we've had.  And He will absorb our tears and confession into Himself and exchange them with His fiery, cleansing love.  He is generosity personified, never wearied of pouring into our coffers.  He will give us all that we desire to receive of His goodness and attention and affection.  I have learned to value, desire, and abide by His opinion above all others.  So should we all.

"The reverent regard of the Lord is clean, enduring forever;
The judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.
More to be desired are they than gold,
Yea, than much fine gold;
Sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.

Moreover by them Your servant is warned,
And in keeping them there is great reward." (Psalm 19:9-11)

Lord willing, I'll finish this post tomorrow; there is plenty more to say about His goodness and establishment of truth in my life.  There is more to say about what Daddy desires to accomplish in every life, beloved.  Until then, the Lord bless you.

Daddy's Girl


"... fervent in spirit, serving the Lord."
(Romans 12:11b)