Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Never Give Up

I’ve had stresses in my life lately.  It’s remarkable what stress will reveal.  My emotions need God’s salve like never before, and I’ve made some decisions regarding my online ministry.  Oh, it’s going on under God’s power – no ridiculous notions of unfaithfulness are invading my mind, thank God.  However, I’ve been amazed at how quickly I blame myself for things that have nothing to do with me, and I tie God to that blame.

The Best of
What I mean is I still sometimes ask God if He is punishing me for things I’ve done or felt towards others.  I ask if I’m being punished for opening doors by or through anger or misunderstanding.  That shows there are still portions of my emotions that believe Daddy is a vengeful God as it pertains to His children.  He fights for us, make no mistake, but He doesn’t kick us to the curb when we’ve done wrong or opened doors to the enemy.  On the contrary, it is then that He rallies to our side with His conviction and correction, ALL OF WHICH are done in love.

Taking my bat and ball and going home is not an option if I want what the Lord has promised me.  Sure, we can always quit and lose and give up – but what of life and redemption is there in that?  That’s not the character I have chosen to embrace.  That’s not Christ, my friends.  Therefore, I have chosen to encourage myself in Him for He says...

“In the world you will have tribulation, but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.” (John 16:33)

Never give up.  Don’t let frustrations get the better of you, beloved.  Keep trying in Jesus.  Keep yielding yourself to Holy Spirit’s power through prayer and gut-level honest confession.  Trust God’s assessments of your heart and don’t let the enemy tell you otherwise.

We are Daddy’s precious children, assigned to accomplish His tasks among a lost and dying world.  The enemy, of course, hates that – but he’s not in charge.  Remember that our God has the final say, and our God is full of love towards us, always.  He alone holds the wellsprings of strength, endurance, blessing, healing, and persevering love on our behalf.

Thank You, Jesus.

DADDY’S GIRL


"... fervent in spirit, serving the Lord."
(Romans 12:11b)