Wednesday, August 14, 2013

God Fills Every Void

I enjoy the company of others, but I only need the Presence of God.  That's a very important truth I've learned over the years as He and I have grown closer.

There was a time I thought that if I didn't have a husband with me, the rest of my life would have no meaning.  Moreover, there was a time I thought a husband should "take care of me".  Both those thoughts were fallacious; both put a lot of pressure on men in my life, which was very unfair.

The Lord gently corrected me on those issues.

Husbands and marriage are great, don't get me wrong.  Having someone around to share the load of life's responsibilities and emotional circumstances is very comforting, assuredly.  However, such things had become a "need" in my psyche, infecting and tainting my perceptions and blocking my view of God as "total Source and Supply" for my entire existence.

The Best of
So Daddy made it a priority to deliver me of those perversions.  He set about showing me that my "needs" in every area can only be met "in Him".  In my case, it was also necessary to convince me that drawing on God for everything was okay with Him.  I think that's because I'm basically an "all or nothing" kind of person when it comes to such things.  God knew that if my direction and affections in this critical area were changed, it would be radically and completely.  In other words, I would make Jesus my everything.

In hindsight, we all know this is exactly what God wants.  Establishing that deep level of intimacy with me required intensely delicate applications of patience and wisdom from God - exposing my fears, flooding me with unconditional love, and building my trust. 

He did it.

He asked me to trust Him through the process and then, by Holy Spirit's power, He enabled me to trust.  He gave me what I stood in need of so I could learn from Him and be blessed.  His "increase" to my emotions in stability and intimacy, confidence and peace are of immeasurable value, friends.  I testify to such Goodness in Him so that by His power and mercy you also will be encouraged to trust Him in these critical areas.

He will work with you if you are willing.  He will change your psyche and give you peace of mind about being single for as long as His plan for you necessitates.  When "coupling" or - in my case - "recoupling" comes about, the truth of His faithfulness in times of solitude will only serve to strengthen the union He ordains.  Your "needs" won't burden or weigh disproportionately upon a new relationship; rather, they'll be met by the wisdom and power of God and His unfathomable understanding.  Daddy knows everything, and He is a Faithful, Loving teacher.  Thank You, Jesus.

Beloved, do not despair of being "alone" or "without hope" in this life just because you don't have a spouse or children.  Our Lord is ALL THINGS to all people, and He is more than willing to comfort you when you seek Him in these places.  I've learned this first-hand.  He will fill the need in your life for coupling with the Divine Husband we have in Jesus Christ.  Jesus will heal every heart issue.  That's really what we're talking about, anyway... issues of the heart over which our God is Master and Commander.

There is no void He can't fill.  There is no knot He can't untangle in our emotions or anywhere else.  He Himself is our Answer.  "He Himself is our Peace" as the scripture says, and He will humble Himself to prove Himself worthy to His own creation.  Think about that.

Who is like our God?  All Glory to His Precious, Holy Name!  Hallelujah!

I praise Him for showing me this by His own power, and what He's done for me He'll do for whosoever opens their heart to Him.  He is no respecter of persons.  He is the Almighty, Everlasting God and Father of us all, dear ones, and His hand is outstretched to grant healing in your heart today.  Of this I bear living witness and unspeakable thanksgiving.

God bless your hearts with courage to come to Him, unashamed.  He will readily receive you.

Amen.

Daddy's Girl

"... fervent in spirit, serving the Lord."
(Romans 12:11b)