Saturday, August 17, 2013

Three Words God Really Likes: Part 1

Sitting at my computer and looking out at the sunny day while praying to God for wisdom is very often how many Daddy's Girl posts take root.  Today was no exception.

It's so cool how Holy Spirit works with us when we simply ask of Him.  I began hearing one word, then another... I pondered on the significance of these words to Daddy, and then I heard yet another.  Then Holy Spirit's soft, baritone voice (as it is usually revealed to my ears) spoke thus:  "These are words the Father really likes."  I knew then I had today's post.

AGAIN.  NEW.  FOUND. 
The Best of
Right away it's surmisable why Daddy chose these words; they blend so beautifully with the human experience in redemption and healing.  Also, for me, their mention brings three grippingly wise scriptures to mind.  Let's talk about them over three posts, one by one.


"Again"

This word is actually kind of a close cousin to the word new, but with a redemptive twist. Its very definition implies a "do-over" mentality blended with an application of patience. It says - we've been to this ground before, but probably without success; so something of newness is needed, but with the patience to stand on familiar ground and not make the same mistakes as before.  Godly expectation, lessons learned, obedience, and patient admonishment is implied in the word "again", especially in phrases like let's start again, I'll say it again, and until we meet again. The phrase from scripture that fills my soul's horn with humility's outcry is accompanied by the familiar, sobering truth that God is the Potter, and we are but the clay:
"The word which came to Jeremiah from the Lord, saying: “Arise and go down to the potter’s house, and there I will cause you to hear My words.” Then I went down to the potter’s house, and there he was, making something at the wheel. And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter; so he made it again into another vessel, as it seemed good to the potter to make. Then the word of the Lord came to me, saying: “O house of Israel, can I not do with you as this potter?” says the Lord. “Look, as the clay is in the potter’s hand, so are you in My hand, O house of Israel!"  (Jeremiah 18:1-6)
So the constant cry from my heart to Abba has been - O, Lord, my God... wherever I have been marred in Your hands, please make me again into another vessel fit for Your service, as it seems good to You!

Friends, when we utter those words from the sincerity of our hearts and mean them like never before in the Presence of God, in His faithfulness, He will answer the pleading of our depths.  He will make us again, anew, as it seems good to Him!  Of this I bear living witness, for many times I have cried that very thing from my soul's bowels before His Throne.  I still cry it, because I am far from flawless, and I desire to own all of my sin and wrongdoing in His sight, that I will be forgiven and exonerated... freed from the bondage of "fear of accountability" and shame in the face of my own Heavenly Father, forever. And always - whenever I do this - He receives me with open arms, and the flood of His goodness repairs, regenerates, and restores my soul to JOY in Him!

HALLELUJAH!  And once refreshed, joyously... we start again.

Lord willing, next we'll talk about the word "new".

Be blessed, beloved.
DADDY'S GIRL


"... fervent in spirit, serving the Lord."
(Romans 12:11b)