Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Three Words God Really Likes: Part 3

Over the last two posts, I've shared with you what God has said are three words He really likes.  No doubt there are millions of words among His favorites, but He spoke three specifically to me that mean a great deal to Him in terms of redemption and hope and life. Those words are: AGAIN.  NEW.  FOUND.  Today, the series concludes with what God has put on my heart about that last word.
 

"Found"

The word found is a word of rejoicing, JOY, and jubilation.  It is a word of discovery and priceless revelation.  Found implies victory in clear thinking and recovery of one’s Godly senses and direction, as in the case of the prodigal.
“But when he came to himself, he said, ‘how many of my father’s hired servants have bread enough and to spare and I perish with hunger!  I will arise and go to my father, and will say to him, Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you, and I am no longer worthy to be called your son.  Make me like one of your hired servants.  And he arose and came to his father.”  (Luke 15:17-20a)
Upon his son's repentant return, the father wisely declared the righteousness of his rejoicing and celebration, relaying to his eldest son the gravity of triumph transpiring in their midst when he said, "for this my son was dead and is now alive; he was lost and now is found."

The Best of
Found is family and future and structure and rudder.  It conveys backing and substance and rescue; foundation (or establishment) and worth.  It is a major catalyst for thanksgiving, vantage point, and forward motion in strength, confidence, and security.

Found is what we are when we come to Christ.  No longer dead, but alive and rightful inheritors of life; regulated, monitored, accepted, positioned, and received in righteousness and righteous holdings.

When we stand in our foundation with and of God, all that He has is ours – so we become inheritors of all things, the richest of which is eternal Life.  Eternally “found” and founded/established in Christ Who is, Himself, LIFE.

“I Am the Way, the Truth, and the LIFE...”  (John 14:6a)
“I Am the Resurrection and the LIFE.”  (John 11:25a)

Hallelujah! It doesn’t get any better than that!

Thanks for joining me on this fun and revelatory journey.
DADDY’S GIRL

"... fervent in spirit, serving the Lord."
(Romans 12:11b)