Tuesday, September 24, 2013

A Path or "The Way"?

(Public Domain Photo)

Which path are you on?  Is a "path" really even what we want?

I heard once that, where God is concerned, there is no "path" per se to Him because a path is something mankind makes and fashions to their own liking.  Scripture seems to corroborate that thought in revealing Jesus Christ as, not the path, but the "Way":

"I Am the Way, the Truth, and the Life.  No one comes to the Father but through Me." (John 14:6)

I heartily agree.

So, on this often complex road of life, which "way" are you going?  Are you following your way, or THE Way?  That's a pretty interesting question, especially when trials confront us, but it's critically important to our life's progress and to the essential and ultimate understanding of exactly who we are.

Without the Godhead, we don't know who we are or where we're going or even why we're here.  Jesus stands at the door to the heart and knocks, says Rev. 3:20, and He's also presiding over God's eternal plan of success for the road of our lives, desiring to lead us in the "Way" we should go.  But Jesus is not going to drag us down the road, bust the door to our hearts down, or force His "way" on us.  His glorious wisdom and directives enriching our lives - or not - is entirely up to us.

As for me, I want to continue learning about who I really am and where I'm truly headed; only God can tell me that.  I want to continue learning about why I'm here and what my purpose and meaning truly is; again, only GOD can tell me that because He created me.  Only the Potter knows the composition, purpose, and eternal station of the clay. 

Therefore...
"... as for me and my house, we shall serve the LORD." (Joshua 24:15b)

I pray that is also your ultimate decision, friends.  Believe me, Daddy can fully and miraculously deliver the answers to every question you've ever had about who you really are, what you really like, and the true purpose and meaning assigned to your time on the earth.  Let's face it, of all the questions in any of our heart of hearts, those are the truest and most profound.  Beloved, only God has your answers.

I pray the Lord's eternal blessings upon you in strength and wisdom of choice, in Jesus' Mighty Name.  Amen.

DADDY'S GIRL

"... fervent in spirit, serving the Lord."
(Romans 12:11b)