Wednesday, September 4, 2013

And Most of All...

What do you love most about the Lord?

That's a challenging question, especially since only Christ and Holy Spirit know everything about His infinitely powerful, loving, benevolent character and grace.

How does it feel, I wonder, to be "enthroned in Righteousness"?  Daddy literally is, you know.  He is seated in all of His attributes - firmly settled on our behalf.

God is the greatest blessing to all of mankind and to all of creation and to all of existence.  Attention to detail is His forte (as is everything good and perfect); He never forgets anything of the good we've done.  There is good I've done, even over and over, yet I have forgotten it; "practiced" good is easy to forget.  But Abba never overlooks it, and Abba always rewards it.
"Knowing that whatsoever good thing any man does, the same shall he receive of the Lord, whether he be bond or free." (Ephesians 6:8)
Daddy's Righteousness, His benevolence, attention to detail, transcendent memory... what do you love most about the Lord? Nearly impossible to choose, isn't it?
 
For me, it's His tenderness.  He's told me as much.  He's told me tenderness is His greatest inroad to my heart.  To me, tenderness and kindness are twins.  There is so much that kindness will do and not do.  Like my Heavenly Father, to me attitudes of the heart mean much more than deeds.  Abba will often pre-empt rebuke in dealing with me and just "love me through" a situation, tendering my heart to repentance.  Once the storm has passed, He'll show me more of my contribution to the choppy waves so that I can see clearly into future events and bear testimony of His unyielding patience and love.
 
He will also tender my heart towards those I must forgive by emphasizing the tenderness He has shown me and encouraging my heart with the nourishing truth of His good pleasure birthed in sweet-smelling savor every time I obey Him. (I love the way God speaks to me, knowing exactly how to strengthen and comfort my being.  Only a God enraptured by His own creation's progress in holiness and "wholly consumed" in our well-being could accomplish such things!)
 
Who can resist such kindness?  Indeed, I would do anything for God's tender touch, which is applied to me daily whether I do anything or not.  Therefore I revel in His tenderness as bathing in sweet oils, herbs, and intoxicating aromas.  To say the very least, I love Him.
 
What sparks your greatest passion towards our God?  Thanksgiving in general? His Holiness? His Majesty yet supreme approachability?  All of these are precious gems glinting amid His all-consuming love for the human soul and garnering praise of which He alone is worthy.

Hallelujah!  Amen. 
"Now unto the King Eternal, Immortal, Invisible, the Only Wise God be honor and glory forever and ever.  Amen." (1 Tim. 1:17)

DADDY'S GIRL
 
"... fervent in spirit, serving the Lord."
(Romans 12:11b)