Tuesday, September 10, 2013

CHOOSE to Laugh!

One day I was very irritated at someone or something (I don't remember who or what), and God used laughter to break that emotion.  In a mass of self-talk and agitation I stormed over to my couch and flung myself down... suddenly, above me I heard a sharp POP! and my head began to sting.

Immediately God opened my spirit eyes to angels standing nearby, bowed back in laughter!

I'd placed my flip-top cell phone on the back of the couch, and when I collapsed there having my "hissy", the phone slid off the headrest and popped me in the head!

Seeing the pure hilarity of the angels and recognizing my silly state, I couldn't help but laugh with them...  moments afterward, I realized the anger had gone.

:0)

God's humility and strength in laughter is a marvelous way to unload the grappling hook of anger and all of its irritations - robbing the enemy of any ultimate chance to steal our JOY...

Daddy is magnificent!

God has told my family in Christ many times that we can literally "laugh" our way to deliverance and healing.  All we have to do is yield our emotions to Him, and He will secure us in JOY.  That day I chose to yield... and I'm glad.

"A merry heart does good like a medicine, but a broken spirit dries the bones." (Proverbs 17:22)
 

Which will you choose?

Praying God's wisdom into your choices,
DADDY'S GIRL

"... fervent in spirit, serving the Lord."
(Romans 12:11b)