Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Endure the Weeping for the JOY

Can you endure the weeping for a night?

Joy comes in the morning, the scriptures say, and it is true.  What kinds of trials and heartaches have you gone through?  Your victories in Christ are all "memorial stones" to His bulwark of faithfulness.  Get out your remembrances of how Jesus saved your soul, then of how He saved you from dangers seen and unseen; get out your instruments of praise to His Holy Name, and beat the devil into the ground when he tries to discourage you!

Weeping is inevitable.  Jesus wept.  But we don't have to weep forever.  Beloved, we are not consigned to a lifetime of weeping or bad circumstances or chain reactions of negative events; to believe we are is to believe a lie.  Daddy had to clarify this for me when I believed in my heart (nearly unbeknownst to me) that my life was consigned to negative events repeated and offset by other negative events.  Sounds strange, doesn't it?  Still, there it is.

In 1992, I lost my mother, my job, and my car in three months... that chain of events adversely affected my psyche, and the Lord knew it.  He set about from that time leading me in a way that would break the terror of furtherance of such atrocities to my emotions.  He set my eyes on Him - on His favor and supernatural perseverance in His Name.  In other words, He began a new level of teaching me how to rely on Him completely.  My mother had "lived" the example of such things in front of me for the 27 precious years she was with me... so it was my turn to decide whether or not I would continue in the Lord or go my own way (again).

Saints, there is nothing like falling on your hind parts repeatedly to familiarize you with the sting of disobedience.  Been there, done that, burned ALL the T-shirts!  I decided to follow Jesus as my mother had taught me; and so God was enabled to teach me, gently, how to endure the time of suffering, persevere through the night of heavy, briny tears, and look to the NEW DAY dawning each time His sun rose from the bright line of the horizon.

God alone is Good.

Get out your musical instruments and praise His Name, Saints!  Remember, you hold a musical instrument in your throat and in your hands and feet also!  Whatever resonates or makes a noise or forms a beat in any way can be utilized by Holy Spirit to break the pattern of sorrow in your lives.  The key, the battle ax, and the secret is PRAISE!

Praise will beat the enemy into the ground and expose him for the useless, paltry, powder-puff he is!  To the Mighty Hands of the Lord he is no more than a stinking, ugly, puny maggot not even grown into a fly!  Cling to our God, beloved!  CLING TO OUR GOD IN HOPE, IN PRAISE, and MAGNIFY HIS HOLY NAME!  Sing to Him.  Give Him the sacrifice of praise today - and exalt Him even if you don't feel like it - so He can break the stronghold of tears that surround you and JOYFULLY turn your night into day.
"Sing praise to the Lord, you saints of His, and give thanks at the remembrance of His Holy Name, for His anger is but for a moment, His favor is for life; weeping may endure for a night, but JOY comes in the morning."  (Psalm 30:4-5)

DADDY'S GIRL

"... fervent in spirit, serving the Lord."
(Romans 12:11b)