Saturday, September 21, 2013

In All Ways, OBEY

What do I say to the God Who has kept me all these years, except THANKS?

I used to ask God if there was anything I could do for Him... hey, I was very young...
I'd tell Him how much I loved Him, and then I'd ask Him what I could do to prove my love.  Of course, I'll bet all of you know the answer He gave... I still hear it massaging my ears:

"If you love Me, you'll obey Me."

That's what Daddy says to all of us, isn't it?  THAT'S how we show the Lord we love Him.  After all, in scripture He lamented - "why do you call Me 'Lord' and do not the things that I say?"  A justified question, indeed.

Obedience proves it all to Him.  And so I said - a long time ago - that, to the best of my strength and ability (which only comes from Him), I would obey Him all the days of my life.  His mercy, forgiveness, and power have allowed me to do just that; it's been a matter of saying "yes" to Him, and "no" to the enemy, consistently.

Have I failed and slipped up at times?  You'd better believe it.  But what has been (and always will be) the bottom line of character for me?  OBEDIENCE.  Indeed, Saints, it is far better than any sacrifice or forfeiture of reward and blessing.  100%.

Do you love the Lord with all of your heart, mind, soul, strength, will, and emotions?  If so, the way to prove your love to Him again and again and settle Him into confidence regarding it is to OBEY Him.  In all things He must be obeyed.

Believe me, beloved, it melts His heart into puddling honey when we obey Him... especially in the face of that which He knows is difficult for us.  It brings tears to His eyes, and there is nothing He will not do to support us in righteousness, to lift us in encouragements manifested every day at our behest, and to fill our hearts to overflowing with His Peace in every circumstance and JOY through all our trials - especially in the midnight hours.

There is no reward greater than God.  No shining light to our coffers could possibly beam more brightly than He... for God IS Light!

Want to show God you love Him?  Want to prove it with all your might?  Then obey Him in every circumstance.  Trust God, and obey.

DADDY'S GIRL
 
"... fervent in spirit, serving the Lord."
(Romans 12:11b)