Saturday, October 12, 2013

A Saturday Poem

(cco 1.0 Public Domain)

HEAVEN is My Home

The world is not my oyster,

nor is the world my throne.

My heart rests in the things of God

with thoughts of Him alone.

 

Some people think I’m crazy,

and some think I am mean;

the truth is I’m in love with God

because I’ve been redeemed.

My purchase price is paid for,

secured by His own Blood;

My sins have all been wiped away

with unconditional love.

 

Hey! Don't it make ya curious

about the heart that beats

inside the chest of Abba

void of failing or defeat?

I’m not concerned with this world

nor the “things” it offers me.

My treasure lies above these streets

where human eyes can’t see.

 

I’m into God my Father

and His forecasts alone.

No, this world is not my oyster

because HEAVEN is my Home!

 

(Copyright © 10-7-2013 by Sharon Joy Gramling.  All Rights Reserved.)

DADDY'S GIRL 
"... fervent in spirit, serving the Lord."
(Romans 12:11b)