Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Allow God's Searchlight on YOU

Fifteen years ago I got married.  In terms of the marriage exposing in me what was then a grossly-flawed mindset, getting married was the best thing ever to happen to me.  God used it to show me to me. The Lord enabled me to welcome exposure as a friend, and that was monumentally key to embracing deliverance and change.  I was radically changed by that marriage and its extreme low points.

God never stands still; it’s we who are asked to do so and acknowledge that He alone is God.

I was a fearful enabler living with an even more fearful controller.  I chose to welcome God's searchlight into my life, probably because I was sick of living with the old me. Although I didn’t truly know who I was, I didn’t like who I seemed to be.  God promised me He would show me more if I let Him; He promised me good fruit to replace the bitter fruit, if I let Him.  He promised me a better way and a better day, and I wanted that.  The short four years of marriage set the stage for all that because, in the end, a relationship with God is solitary.  It is always about us and God, no matter who else is in our lives.  As my mother always said – “every tub must stand on its own bottom.”

I chose to go on with Jesus and let Him expose all the “uglies” in me.  Let me tell you, they are hideously ugly uglies… but God knows the difference between us and our sin.  WE ARE NOT OUR SIN, and God knows that.  There’s no more powerful weapon of truth for disarming the enemy than that; it completely thwarts condemnation and opens the door to the Father’s arms outstretched to receive us.  We are not our sin.  Thank You, Jesus.

Therefore, don't be afraid of accountability, friends.  Let God put His searchlight on your life.  It comes down to that, you know; it comes down to Daddy not wanting to hear anything about anybody else or the ways they hurt or wounded you, but only wanting to deal with YOU.  YOUR issues; the bondages YOU'RE in; the sins YOU'VE committed, the mistakes YOU'VE made; how rejection's evil effects and caustic oils are oozing out of YOU.

No one elseJust YOUHealing can't come if we blame-shift. 

OUR SIDE OF THE RELATIONSHIP "COIN" MUST BE ADDRESSED or there will be no healing and no ability to have healthy, God-defined relationships.  That takes yielding to supernatural levels of humility and trust with God regarding our lives; humbly admitting that we're horribly flawed, and trusting that God will not condemn us for being flawed, but only desires to heal and restore us. 

Fifteen years ago, I was married, and I was a completely different girl; that female no longer exists.  In me, there is now only the new person where the old one used to be.  The angry, prideful, little girl is now a grateful, humble woman willing to forgive and asking to be forgiven.  Getting married was one of the best things ever to happen to me, and it had everything to do with my Divine Husband JESUS CHRIST, from Whom I have never been divorced and never will be.

DADDY'S GIRL

"... fervent in spirit, serving the Lord."
(Romans 12:11b)