Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Dear Godhead, I Love You: Intro.

So many times, when I go in to the Godhead (Father, Son, Holy Spirit) for quiet time with Them, Abba will ask me to tell Him what I think of Them in my heart. His requests really ring home the truth of God's tender, vulnerable, unabashed love for us and, most of all, His desire to be held in adoration and esteem by His children.  Parents want to be loved as well as they love, don't they?  How many times do we think of our eternal God in that light?  He's not ashamed or embarrassed for it to be true, Saints.  We want to be loved and appreciated and embraced because He does.  I think that's wonderful.  It brings the Father to a level of personal approachability I had never assigned to Him.

Lord willing, in the next three posts I'm going to share what my heart has expressed to the Godhead, one by one, in answer to Daddy's question - "What do you think of Us?" meaning, what are my innermost thoughts towards the Three in One; the eternal Family Who are the Source of all families of the earth.  I have a lot to say.

Please think, also, for yourselves, beloved, over the next few days about what your hearts would say to each member of the Godhead regarding the specific roles They fulfill in your lives and how much you love and appreciate Them.  Then try to make time to express that love to each of Them, verbally.  Believe me, They're listening; They want to know, and will be forever blessed by your response.
 
Abba has told me numerous times in words spoken to my spirit that He loves to hear me tell Him that I love Him.  Of course He does!  He's THE loving, giving, tenderhearted Father of every living thing that breathes and moves upon the earth, and all of it was created in love, kindness, and fathomless care, concern, and good will... naturally, He wants a return and exchange of His goodness; a fellowship with His creation of mankind.  We want to be appreciated and loved and encouraged and blessed and thanked because He does!  We want to be embraced because He does!  We want to be smiled upon and thought of adoringly because He does!

Our Heavenly Father wants everything of love and life from us as well as for us because He is the Personification of tenderness and love and expression in passion, adulation, and ardent regard.  He loves our heart's kisses and our spirit's hugs; He wraps them ALL around His heart in fervent sentiment of constant delight and reminder of His beloved ones... believe me, He does.

Who wouldn't serve a God like that?

God helping me, in tomorrow's post, I'll share part one of my heart's expressions of love towards the Godhead.  Blessings upon all until then, in Jesus' Name.

Daddy's Girl


"... fervent in spirit, serving the Lord."
(Romans 12:11b)