Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Dear Godhead, I Love You: Part 3

Loving, truthful expressions have gone out for God the Father and God the Son in previous posts of this series, which has blessed my soul and truly centered me in Them. God willing and enabling me, today I am expressing my heart of unfailing love for God's Holy Spirit.

His "props"


Holy Spirit is often relegated to "back burner" places He shouldn't be, only because many do not understand that He is fully God.  He is the Spirit that dwells within Abba, and I think that is the most powerful, special thing about Him.

"For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God.  Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit Who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God." (1 Cor. 2:11-12)

I boldly and unashamedly proclaim that I could not please God without Holy Spirit.  He is the Spirit of Faith, without which, it is impossible to please the Father.  Remember also that the scriptures declare Christ was raised from the dead by Holy Spirit's power and, among other truths, it is because of this singular place of power and authority the Spirit wields that blaspheming His works (attributing them to the enemy) is considered by the Godhead an unforgiveable act.

"Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men.  Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come." (Matt. 12:31-32) 

On the "mushier" side


Holy Spirit is my Divine Cheerleader.  Please don't misunderstand me - He doesn't dispense delusional pep talks - only truth.  But, so much of the time, when the flesh reams me out I am detached from truth, and condemnation blocks my safe return to it.  It's then that Holy Spirit gets His voice in to me, at first, ever so faintly... and my recognition grasps His loving tones like a drowning woman groping a lifesaver.  Then I am drawn, quickly and safely, to shores of encouragement and strength.

If we allow Him, God's Spirit - Who also dwells within us - will "save" us every time. I love Him for that and so many other things.  I love Him for being the personification of persevering love.  He gets dissed and ignored more times than Daddy or Jesus... for He's been assigned the work of dealing and living with us humans on the earth, to bring us into eternity and eternal practices.  What a job!  Yet He does it, willingly, day by day; brick by brick He patiently and lovingly brings us in to the things of Abba and the "Presence of His Name" spoken over our lives and into our lives daily by Jesus Christ.

Holy Spirit facilitates and enables the will of the Father and of Christ to take effect in our lives.  Without His "linking", without His loving of us in that place so critical to our relationship with God, we would be lost.  It's His power that draws us and enables us to accept and receive Christ as our Savior... did you know that?  It's completely understandable and, indeed, something to rejoice over when we consider that we're talking about God enabling us to accept God.  God literally taking a part of Himself and putting it into us so that we can receive His fullness through faith in Christ Who died to put us back on righteous terms with Abba.  That's amazing.

Although there is no "time" there, I truly believe my first million years in Heaven will be spent hugging and kissing the Godhead.  Father, Son, and Holy Spirit mean all of Heaven and eternity to me, my friends; it's all about Them

Always and forever, Dear Godhead, I LOVE YOU!

Daddy's Girl

"... fervent in spirit, serving the Lord."
(Romans 12:11b)