Thursday, October 31, 2013

"His Light on Me"

There's such Godly expression in poetry.  It's like singing a song from your heart to God, and I've always loved it.  Lately I've been writing more of it; I think it's because God relishes it so.  He's the Author of everything good and perfect we do... and His Spirit in us conveys our heart-song to Him in ways we never could accomplish alone.  I am so grateful, and I pray this simple expression of gratitude and love blesses your hearts as you read.  Amen.

"HIS LIGHT ON ME"
 
When God's Light shines on me
all sin and shame must flee.
 
Awake! All my senses
and gone my defenses
 
because I am loved by the Three.
 
If I am ever unsure
that my thoughts and intentions are pure
 
the Savior, He sees me,
forgiveness is easy
 
because, in His faith, I endure.
 
Merciful God! O, Father above!
In holiness, bathe me in Your endless love
 
where troubles and worries all cease,
and my heart is seized by Your peace,
 
and Your breast is soft as a dove.
 
 
(Copyright © 10-30-13 by Sharon Joy Gramling. All Rights Reserved.)

DADDY'S GIRL

"... fervent in spirit, serving the Lord."
(Romans 12:11b)