Friday, December 13, 2013

Don't Mention "Jesus" (A GSM Reblog)

Daddy's Girl doesn't normally post on Fridays, but I truly felt led to share this brief message (reblogged from the Glory Shield Ministries website) with you precious readers.  May you all be powerfully and abundantly blessed!

                                                                              ********
(GSM, 12-8-13)
 
The Lord reminded me recently of how He once aided my confidence in witnessing to unbelievers by giving me a somewhat unusual directive which, in the end, truly blessed my heart.  Here's what He said:

[Paraphrasing]:  When telling the unsaved about Me, He said,
Don't even mention My Name.  If they don't like it, or are 'turned off' by the Name of Jesus, then just don't mention Me.

To say the least, at this juncture, a part of my spirit was wondering whether or not I was truly hearing from God... but, in my heart, I recognized His earnest voice and the command it took over my spirit every time He spoke.  I knew it was the Lord my God; so, I listened further.  He continued -
 
Instead, when you pray with them, address your prayers to the Spirit of Truth.  We all know that's Who I Am, for "Truth" is one of My Names, (but they don't have to be confronted with all of that).  If they are honestly seeking truth, they'll be content to call upon that Spirit; whether they know it's actually Me or not is not your responsibility to convey.

Saints, I thought that was absolutely fantastic!  God is so awesome!  His words greatly encouraged my heart, and I pray your confidence will rise to every occasion He presents you to pray with unbelievers in one of the most powerful of His Mighty Names.

We know the real  deal, don't we, y'all?  HALLELUJAH!  It's true!

"I AM THE WAY, THE TRUTH, AND THE LIFE; NO ONE COMES TO THE FATHER,
BUT BY ME."  (John 14:6)

Daddy's Girl

"... fervent in spirit, serving the Lord."
(Romans 12:11b)