Tuesday, December 17, 2013

God Wins

When JOY sweeps me up, I'm all the better for it.

How about you?

Probably the hardest times to allow JOY to approach my door, knock on the door, and actually enter my dwelling are right after I've been wronged or mistreated by anyone - but especially someone I love.  At those particular times, my flesh doesn't want to see or hear from JOY... especially JOY.

How about you?

One thing is true about God my Heavenly Father, and that is He never forces His JOY down my throat.  He sets JOY before me, usually right next to the revenge my flesh desires to embrace, and Holy Spirit softly whispers... "Choose."

That ever happen to you?

Spiritual maturity in its highest form always takes that route, my friends. The final exam for whatever level of maturity we're on is bannered by a situation of, "Father forgive them, for they know not what they do."  Unconditional love is all about this.  I don't mind saying that, sometimes, I just sit before God and cry as I tell Him how unpleasant being unjustly wronged is.  Whenever I do, I also don't mind saying He doesn't laugh at me.  He could, you know... but He doesn't.  I already know He's been through everything I have ever been through, lightyears before I was born; but pain is still pain, isn't it?

"Yes," Daddy says, "pain is still pain."  And so He doesn't laugh at me.  Instead, He puts His arm around me and I begin to feel its power soaking into my shoulders, soothing me, relaxing me, and melting the frost from my heart.

That ever happen to you?

Thankfully, when Abba does all this in comforting me, I don't pull a "Jonah", even though I know what's coming.  Choosing to forgive and stay far from anger against God is Holy Spirit's doing, friends... that shield of protection is so necessary for me, because I'm just as human as the next girl when it comes to wanting the wrath of God to fall upon my enemies.  But God's Spirit doesn't talk to my humanity; rather, He talks to my spirit - the part won over long ago by Holy Spirit through faith in Christ Jesus - and His truths then penetrate my soul.  My flesh is subdued and brought into alignment and agreement with Abba's edicts and directives of love over my life... and I am filled with that same JOY I tried (in the flesh) to avoid.

God wins... and I pray that it always happens to you.

Amen.
Daddy's Girl

"... fervent in spirit, serving the Lord."
(Romans 12:11b)