Saturday, December 21, 2013

New Beginnings Indeed

The last three months of this year have taught me more about myself than I've ever known.  You know how those chefs on TV have to push themselves and their abilities to limits they didn't know they had?  Well, that's how it's been for me - increasingly since August - in the place of new beginnings Abba has designated for me.  I've discovered depths of strength and resilience within my spirit, soul, and body that I never knew were there, giving new meaning to this very familiar and true scripture verse:

"I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13)

Now I'm settling in to a new division of knowing my true self in Jesus, learning new things and infinitely new levels of what it means to have faith in God.  My God is already my Hero, but this is phenomenal revelation of His character and goodness and the lengths He will go to prove Himself faithful and kind and good to any individual willing to search these things out within His character and ways.  I cover all of my testimony with the Blood of Jesus, and I forbid the enemy any access to it, whatsoever.  (I love doing that.)

With this year ending and another coming into focus, I don't know exactly what awaits me.  I do know, however, that it will be part of Abba's plan for my life and nothing rolling off of His assembly line for me has ever been bad.  That's an understatement.

I love writing this blog for Abba, proclaiming His splendid name as "supremely awesome and infinitely unique and glorious," as Freddy Hayler would say.  I love sharing my true self and true feelings with all of you, and that will never change.  I never knew how liberating rendering testimony of God's goodness could be... vulnerability and transparency are our friends; Holy Spirit, through this blog, has taught me that.  The triune God has taught me many, many things and I'm still standing.

September, October, and November 2013 are months I will never forget.  Lord willing, I'll talk further and with more clarity in the months to come about why this year's ending has been so special. Looking to the hills from whence comes the help of our Father God is the only way to fly.

God bless all of you.

Daddy's Girl

"... fervent in spirit, serving the Lord."
(Romans 12:11b)