Wednesday, January 29, 2014

It's an Honor

Vessels of "dishonor" we couldn't do without.  Having this head cold has evoked such thoughts.

Do you sometimes feel like all you do is get slimed (like tissue) and carry the refuse of life (like toilets and garbage cans)?  Yeah, well, so do I.  But in Jesus there is deliverance, cleansing, and renewal in sweet fragrance.  Just think of all He had to endure for our sakes in strapping on the weight and penalty of sins He never committed and substituting His eternal innocence to pay the price of the guilty, the filthy, the refuse of this world...

When we look on Him, we realize we haven't suffered unto blood.  In truth, we've barely suffered at all in the burning light of His mighty sacrifice.  For our sakes, He carried all dishonor and shame and forfeiture of eternal life onto that cross on that dusty, empty, critical day thousands of years ago.

Without that honorable sacrifice covering our dishonor, we'd all be dead and in Hell.

In light of that, beloved... I reckon I can carry my cross a bit longer.  Looking on Jesus, Who endures as my Burden Bearer, I believe I can endure the slime and the refuse and the pain; the odor and the tears and discharge of human emotion.  Looking on Jesus' love for me, I can make the sacrifice of obedience to Daddy's call on my life.  Fixed on Christ's eyes, I don't feel like a vessel of dishonor, but one of supreme honor in serving Him.

He is Truth.  He is our example and beacon of hope for deliverance and cleansing.  Christ Jesus is our Crown of renewal in sweet fragrance of fellowship with Abba, which we will wear for all eternity.  Hallelujah!  I'm feeling better already.  Hope you are, too!

THANK YOU, DEAR JESUS... it's an honor.

Daddy's Girl

"... fervent in spirit, serving the Lord."
(Romans 12:11b)