Thursday, February 13, 2014

Born of the Flesh

I was just thinking of how I used to believe all the behavioral yuckiness in the world could be attributed to men just because they were men.  I remember how gently Holy Spirit showed me the folly of that notion.

Since then I've heard men speak of what horrid gossips women are, and they end their statements saying things like, "c'mon now, you have to admit that's true."

Once again, God points out that gossip per se is not endemic to females, but to the flesh.  Ask any woman and she'll probably tell you there are men she knows who could gossip any woman under the table on a bad night.  (My earthly father was one.)

By the same token, there are women who cling to raunchy, vindictive, deceptive behavior that would make any demon blush.

The truth is that sin is not gender-specific, beloved... it's the calling card of the flesh.

Since the fall of mankind in the Garden of Eden the world, the flesh, and the devil have been treacherous companions.  The debauchery or piety manifested in men and women throughout history comes from the choices each individual has made to either embrace evil or good as a way of life.  I had to learn that so Daddy could begin purging the vast mine fields of offense and hatred I ignorantly allowed to be constructed against both genders, but especially men.

When I received Abba's truth, I asked His forgiveness and I began to forgive.

The enemy and the flesh are what's evil, not genders; but since prejudice, hatred, and polarization are the enemy's forte, he's going to try to convince us such things are born solely of the sexes.

Balderdash!

Pray for a change in the choices of men and women who have hurt you, my friends.  Allow God to tender your heart towards them and their circumstances as individuals, so you won't crucify an entire gender for personal choices born of the flesh.

God bless you.
DADDY'S GIRL

"... fervent in spirit, serving the Lord."
(Romans 12:11b)