Wednesday, February 12, 2014

His Faithfulness, Promise, and Power

photo credit: Maarten Takens via photopin cc

"While the earth remains, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, winter and summer, and day and night shall not cease."  (Gen. 8:22) 
Brrr!  As yet another winter storm is forecasted upon the northeast tomorrow, I find myself thankful.  Yep, thankful for things like dependable heating, a dry roof overhead, food in my fridge, and comfy PJs.  (I cover these truths in Christ's Blood.)

I'm especially thankful for the faithfulness and strength of God's word.  Over the years, several scriptures personify His faithfulness, promise, and power to my soul.  Passages like:
"... make thee an ark of gopher wood..." (Gen. 6:14a)
Perhaps you wouldn't think these few words reflect His faithfulness or provision, but I do.  After all, He spoke them to Noah after telling him He'd decided to destroy the world by water.  That's a pretty bleak forecast given God's unyielding veracity, and I believe terrific relief flooded Noah's soul (pun intended) as these words were uttered, assuring him Daddy already had a plan for the saving of his house.  I love that.

Another verse I really like is this:
"Offer unto God thanksgiving, and pay your vows unto the Most High.  Then call upon Me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you and you shall glorify Me." (Psalm 50:14-15)
HALLELUJAH!  Whose promise is truer than that of Almighty God?!  Yes, sir... He's saying to every heart - you do what I've asked you to do on My behalf and then, when trouble comes, just see if I won't deliver you from it and be to you the Father and God and Protector I've promised to be!  Am I not Faithful?

Indeed, He is! All Glory to His Mighty Name!  I'm feeling GOOD today because that verse is truly speaking to me!!  ;0)  As my mother used to tell me, repeatedly, "He is - above all things - FAITHFUL."  In telling all the world about it, I am glorifying Him.  Amen.

The Best of
His faithfulness promised the redemption of mankind while His heart grieved for us in the Garden of Eden.  His faithfulness delivered unto us His only begotten Son - born of a virgin - Who suffered, bled, and died to accomplish reconciliation to God for all who believe.  His faithfulness imparted Holy Spirit into the hearts and minds of His children to bring us safely from earth to Heaven; and His great and mighty, enduring faithfulness declares unto us this powerful promise:
"And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain - for the former things are passed away." (Rev. 21:4)
I can't tell you how that verse comforted me as my mother's casket was slowly lowered into the ground.  It comforts me still when I think of the gaping wounds of grief experienced today by so many in the Body of Christ, even though we do not sorrow as those who have no hope.  Take heart, beloved, as I have; for our God has promised - and He cannot lie - that there will come a day when there will be only greetings always, and never again goodbyes.  Of this we have His promise, Saints - and He Who promised is everlastingly Faithful.

In Jesus' Name, I impart God's supernatural power of faith-believing to all who read these words, and to the Body of Christ in general... for Daddy is Faithful.  Yes, He is.

Amen.

DADDY'S GIRL

"...fervent in spirit, serving the Lord."
(Romans 12:11b)