Thursday, February 27, 2014

"Who is this God?"

Seeing the love of Jesus in the life of my mother especially made me want to get to know Almighty God.  My mother also would say things to me like, "read your Bible and pray, ask God to speak to you and He will.  Know God for yourself.  Don't just rely on my life or the examples of other people - seek to know Him for yourself."

I cannot adequately express the indelible influence her words had upon me.  Day after day, year after year, even when I was backslidden, I saw the mighty miracles He worked in her life and the mercy He sent forth in mine - saving me from death and a sure sentence to Hell - and soon it began to overtake me...  the curiosity I had, the hunger and thirst which were all answers to my mother's prayers that I might know and serve the God of her life began to overpower my lust for the world, the flesh and the devil.  At last, I began to ask... and I mean to earnestly, intently ask... "Who is this God?  I mean, truly, Who is this God?  This loving God of my mother?  Who can He be to me?"

Thank You, Jesus.

With that desperate inquiry, God had me right where He wanted me.  He longed for me to ask that question sincerely within myself and seek to do as my mother urged and know Him for myself.  For Father God, that was a great day come unto me.  Since then I will tell you, my life has never been the same.  And again - thank You, Jesus, because I would have been dead and in Hell without that burning inquiry Holy Spirit seared into my soul.  Without His encouragements and reinforcements of the words He gave my mother, I would have lost my life and my soul to a world of fleshly evil.  But God saved me!

Through heartfelt tears I bless the Lord for ALL He has done for me.  I want the world to know Him for themselves as my mother urged that I embrace and personalize His glowing heart of Love.

My friends, I implore you - don't go by only my life or the examples of others' lives to teach you about God.  SEEK TO KNOW HIM FOR YOURSELF!  Read your Bible and pray, ask the Lord to speak to your heart.  Only believe that He will, and He will.

He's longing for you to ask yourself, just "Who is this God?"


Remanding you all to Abba's custody in His unchanging love,
DADDY'S GIRL


"... fervent in spirit, serving the Lord."
(Romans 12:11b)