Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Here's to Friendship!

The "Twins"
Eighteen years ago today, I rode to work with a co-worker.  It was one of the best things that's ever happened to me.  I only knew her from the company handbook, but God knew her soul, and He "knit" it to mine.

My twin sister Lynette is an irresistibly kind, giving, affable spirit.  She was breathed out of the loins of Abba the same time as I, though she came to earth three years earlier.  We've submitted our friendship and sisterhood to God over the years, and we've submitted ourselves to Him for individual Christian growth.  There have been highs and lows but never an end to our covenant relationship powered by the Godhead.  Friendship has taken on a whole new meaning in terms of agape love for me and Lynette.  In many ways the bond He's established between us has grown us up and still is doing so (especially for me).

The love of Christ is a gift that keeps on giving, regardless of our mood or surrounding circumstances; that's how He asks His children to handle relationships with one another. I have known new levels of humility and altruism since meeting Lynette.  I have come to deeper levels of "owning my own stuff" in self-inspection powered by Holy Spirit, and I have learned NOT to fear accountability and change.  So has Lynette.  Together as best friends in Jesus, we keep on going.  The years pass and we grow older, wiser, and more amusing (we're each other's greatest source of laughter, next to ourselves)!

Looking back over 18 years with Daddy governing our choices, I can truthfully say His agape love has saved the day.  For that, we are grateful beyond adequate thought or speech. (I cover this testimony in Christ's Blood, in Christ's Name.)

               "This is the Lord's doing... it is marvelous in our eyes." (Psalm 118:23)

Here's to friendship in God's unfailing love, all over the world.  Amen.

DADDY'S GIRL

"... fervent in spirit, serving the Lord."
(Romans 12:11b)