Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Choice All Too Real

A popular argument of those opposing Christ's followers is that Christians haven't had a real opportunity to be exposed to any other beliefs since Christianity has so pervaded America's history.  Indeed, the country was founded on the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  However, speaking for myself and my life experiences, I have this to say:

Because my mom was a believer and my earthly father was not, from childhood I saw life lived before me both ways and had a starkly objective field from which to choose, since I loved them both.  I haven't had faith in God "shoved down my throat" all my life and just "haven't known any better".  No, sir.

If anything, my free will to choose and the urgency of choice was stretched before me more than anything else.  The ultimate decision was mine; I was not "brainwashed" to believe in God.  Rather, God proved Himself to me... and so did the enemy.

My parents' marriage mirrored Psalm 1, and our household was fertile ground for a showcase of "the truth" and "the lie" of life.  I saw people at their very best and their very worst.  I saw light and darkness, God and the enemy - and made my own decision.  So did my siblings.  So must each of you.

Eternally, God's word is True.  As one who stands in this world of millions receiving Truth and billions rejecting it, I declare unto you today that only choosing faith in Jesus the Christ will loose you from sin's bondages and deliver your life into FREEDOM and JOY.

Amen.

[Here's the glorious rendering of Psalm 1 in KJV to bless you, courtesy of inspirationalchristianquotes.net.]



DADDY'S GIRL

"... fervent in spirit, serving the Lord."
(Romans 12:11b)