Wednesday, April 23, 2014

It's DEFINITELY Coming...

My mother used to tell me to be sure that - if I asked something of the Lord - I was certain about receiving it.  She'd always follow that statement with His authority in her voice as she said, "Because if you ask Him - He'll give it to you."

Ma always communicated the serious, no-nonsense, loving heart of the Father to me. God is someone to be loved and honored and revered and obeyed... but never "toyed" with.  God is an earnest, faithful, heart-felt Father.  That's what I got from my mother about Him in the areas of asking His blessing.

She was absolutely right.

I've been thinking over the past few days about how we can ask God for something and pray about that thing for days, weeks, months, and even years without necessarily seeing it brought forth.  BUT... in all that time God has been working to bring about the answer in His timing because only He knows whether or not we are able to handle/bear receiving what we've asked.  We humans are a trip... no - we're a journey!  And only Daddy is up to the task of caring for us!  LOL!

Once the fullness of His timing has come that our request be brought forth, nothing above, on, or under the earth can stop it from colliding with us.  Sometimes - even though we've asked for years - when the blessing arrives, we're so taken aback by it happening and by its progression that we actually have the nerve to ask (even, beg) God to slow things down!

Ever been there?  Lol... I have, and at no time is my mother's voice heard more clearly echoing through the chambers of my memory: "If you don't want it, don't ask Him for it.  Because if you ask Him - He'll give it to you."

Surely God is THE faithful God. Just hold on, beloved; your answers assuredly are coming.  And that's the advice and encouragement I give to you in His Name today.

Be blessed.

DADDY'S GIRL

"... fervent in spirit, serving the Lord."
(Romans 12:11b)