Wednesday, May 14, 2014

What Do You Want?

What are the most pressing questions or requests of your heart to God?

Even if you can't handle His answers or blessings all at once, making your requests known is what He desires. Within the realm of His plans, He wants to please us... did you know that? Not only will He give us what we desire, He will mercifully place good and perfect desires upon our hearts in the first place.  Through process, He will enable you to receive the answers to your questions and His blessings of fruitfulness to your coffers.

So, what would your questions and/or requests be?

Here are three of mine:

1.  Merciful God, please always keep my heart open to obediently receiving Your "perfect" will for me.
The Best of
Remember that God also graciously grants His "permissive" will to us regarding our requests. In it, He honors the personal desires and human condition of our hearts in areas where His "perfect" will would ask more of us.  No destruction comes of choosing His permissive will, but its rewards are less.  Of course God will not reject or chide us for choosing either route He offers.  As I said, I see God's graciousness in this... but I highly recommend submitting to His perfect will.  It requires more of us in every area, but its rewards are the highest and its transforming powers the greatest.  Remember that Holy Spirit will enable us to say "Yes" to Abba's perfect will.  Also, isn't receiving the highest and greatest God has for us in every place the ultimate goal of life? 

2.  Dear Lord, please cloak me in Your humble discernment.

I want to see God's hand in everything of life; that's part of what being an encourager is about. Only truth encourages, and sometimes it's difficult for others to see Romans 8:28 at work in their lives when things get tough.  Needless to say, God's cloak of humble discernment is MOST necessary in my own life, first, and I want that more than anything. When I discern Holy Spirit's operatives, I leave my own machinations and figuring on the ground.  I bow my knees to Abba's way whether I understand it or not, because I trust Him. I also know that, in process, He will bring me into understanding of His righteousness in every place.  Amen.

3.  Father, please grant me Your forgiving heart.

Heart transplants please Daddy immensely.  They are one of the greatest triumphs He can achieve in a soul and arguably pose the biggest challenge to any life.  Forgiving as God, for Christ's sake, forgave... wow.  Is it even possible?  YES it is, but not without myriad trials and testing... and that's an understatement.  The road to God's granting of this particular request IS NOT for the weak-kneed.  In retrospect, it's the one thing my mother definitively told me to ask of God.  Though I'm certainly still in process, I am so glad she did.  I deeply respected everything she said through God's wisdom, and I cling to this directive in every open space and recess of my mind.  Whether we want to face it or not, beloved, forgiving as God forgives is the highest call of maturity on our lives.  It can only be accomplished through our intimacy with, obedient submission to, and humble trust of each Person of the Godhead. Period.


*******

Are there more questions and requests I'd make of Daddy? Certainly there are; but I pray this sampling of the actual petitions I've made will encourage you to approach God freely about taking the most critical steps necessary to be transformed into the image of Jesus Christ.  My prayers are with you.

DADDY'S GIRL


"... fervent in spirit, serving the Lord."
(Romans 12:11b)