Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Be Faithful

photo credit: Billy Wilson Photography via photopin cc
Today my attention was drawn to this verse from 2 Timothy 2:13, describing Daddy's character: 
"If we are faithless, He remains faithful; He cannot deny Himself."
I've enjoyed the truth of this scripture for years - as probably you have - but it never occurred to me until today that whenever I am faithless, I actually deny God.

Wow.  The scriptures say that "faith" literally declares God's existence and His heart to reward those who seek Him out earnestly.  It is "faith" that pleases Him.  So look at all I'm denying when I allow fear or circumstances or the opinions of others to touch my faith... when my heart is faithless, I'm basically saying God does not exist!

Sounds rather harsh but, if by being faithless God would be denying Himself, then it stands to reason that my embrace of faithlessness is also a denial of Him.  Hebrews Chapter 11 declares that our acknowledgement of the truth that God created everything comes by faith.  When I am faithless, I deny the Creator and His creation!

In causing me to realize this, God does not seek to condemn - only to illuminate and (when necessary) convict me of faithlessness so that I will repent and have faith.  In so doing, the Lord sees to it that I will always please the Father, and never deny Him.

If you feel led of God to do so, please pray this prayer with me...

[Merciful Father, in Jesus' Name, I repent of faithlessness in every/any area; I receive Your conviction of my heart and ask Your forgiveness of me for wherever I have embraced fear, doubt, unbelief, forebodings (fear of the future), and every place I have tried to do things in my own strength (prideful striving) and not Yours. I don't want to deny You. Merciful Father, my faith IS in You. I bow my heart and soul to Your will and directives over my life, and I speak Your supernatural impartation of FAITH into every void in me. It's in Jesus' Perfect and Trustworthy Name I pray and thank You.  Amen.]

God be with you and bless you.

DADDY'S GIRL

"... fervent in spirit, serving the Lord."
(Romans 12:11b)