Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Disarming Our Enemies

Proverbs 16:7 says,
"When a man's ways please the Lord, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him."
My mother used to say, "in other words, He'll make your enemies leave you alone."

I've seen this truth in action, y'all.  Several years ago, I was taught that when our lives are in right standing before God, in prayer we can legally break agreements existing among enemy forces.  (In right standing means holding no unforgiveness/offense against them or others, and having our own sins confessed and covered by Christ's blood.)

A Testimony

I stood on this principle during the last few years I worked outside the home at a tiny firm which got gobbled up by a major corporation during my stay. The angry, fearful attitudes of many long-time employees became almost unbearable - especially toward me when I shared the confidence I had in Daddy's hand on the future.  In 27 years in the workplace, I'd rarely encountered the level of ridiculously juvenile, foul treatment I experienced when their fear collided with my faith!  It was as if they believed I betrayed them by not aligning myself with their vitriolic rebellion against the "new" company.

Long-story-short, when I forgave them for their (shall we say, demonstrative) resentment of me and then took authority in Christ's Name over the "agreement" a few of them forged to make my work life difficult, Daddy honored my prayers.  Many times afterward, they simply didn't "engage" me - they'd only shake their heads and walk away; but the bottom line was that - for the most part - they left me alone, thank God.

Awesome Fruit

Walking in faith, peace, and obedience with God literally seeds in to those same qualities being returned to us in just the right places, friends.  We already have blessing coming to us via Daddy's law of reciprocity, but His gracious, loving-kindness is what deliberately targets the blessing to relieve the "droughts" and "storms" of our lives.  Hallelujah!  I love that about His heart! Who is like our God?

Most important, pleasing the Lord also built my "love relationship" with Him, bringing me into the knowledge of my identity and life's purpose.  It allowed Holy Spirit to enter the darkest recesses of my emotions to deliver and heal me and my bloodline. That continues.

Beloved, the more we believe, the more we please Him and draw nearer to His founts of blessing. The more we receive His heart for us, the more He exposes and cleanses our hearts so our ways will continually please Him, and our enemies will leave us alone.  Amen.

Praising His Mighty Name,
DADDY'S GIRL

"... fervent in spirit, serving the Lord."
(Romans 12:11b)